Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought an 90 Lt250R the clutch isn’t engaging the cable seems adjusted right what else would cause this the plates? The rod and ball in the basket? And are the clutch cables different from 85-92?

·
Super Moderator
3,383 Posts
Not sure what you mean by engaging? Do you mean the lever doesn't doesnt release the plates, so you can stay in gear without moving? Sometimes plates get stuck after a long sit and usually free up after running a bit. Or worse, they get hung up on groves worn in the basket, Probably worth having a look, but I would try running it a bit myself first, cause I'm lazy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I put it in gear hold the clutch in to move the bike it don’t move. I start it up hold clutch in kick it into gear it stalls.

·
Super Moderator
3,383 Posts
Yes, the plates are probably stuck together. If you can bump start it and drive it around safely for a bit it will probably free up . You could try running it on a stand as well, if you can secure it safely .
Or just pull the case and watch the clutch to see whats going on. Then you will know for sure. Hard to know the history of things you don't own .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts