Suzuki Central Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Hey all. Took the flywheel cover off to use the 26 mm fitting on that side of the crank to hold the crank while I torque the primary gear nut and eureka...I struck oil. Oil on the stator, pick ups, sludge in the bottom of the cover. Is there supposed to be oil there? Every motor with a stator I've ever seen needs to be dry, but it seems as though there are direct journals to the casing (under the flywheel) for oil to trickle in. If not, any ideas why I'm finding oil? You may recall that this thing whacked some valves after the primary gear nut loosened (for reasons stil unknown) enough for the primary and cam gears to slide off the crank shaft key. I'm starting to suspect that the crank is not spinning true. That might cause the primary nut to loosen and the crankshaft seal to fail. Appreciate your thoughts.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Oh, and in case anyone is interested in how I torqued the primary gear and clutch basket nuts without buying the spanner wrench, for the primary nut you can take the flywheel cover off the other side, remove the flywheel nut and put a 26 mm socket or wrench on the shaft. Putting it in gear and hitting the rear brake was enough to get 50.5 ft lbs on the clutch basket nut.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey jwt Did u get your bike running? I was having the same problem and now won't start at all. Happster did you solve the problem? Was there suppose to be oil in the stator? I'm really stumped here

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was having the same problem and now won't start at all. Someone solve the problem?
I know it's normal that there is oil in the stator.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts