Suzuki Central Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
holy crap! Not even sure I'd want to mess with that thing. Are the front a-arms bent or whats with the second pic? The tires look pretty worn out too.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
I think if you'r going to try fixing this you're going to need to make it a really basic bike if you want to keep it cheap. Ditch the headlight, shave the plastics, find a cheap stock seat. With the condition of everything else I'm assuming pretty much almost every bearing in that thing is toast :( Also is your back brake rotor bent?
Definetly need to start out with quite a bath!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
u gotta admit for 400, the thing will get u down the trail for awhile, just dont submerge it in water, i think its got an easy way in.lol Loook for a bottom end and a seat, you'll be good to go for a long time, its a diamond in the rough lol, keep oil in the sucker till u find a bottom end, you got a great parts motor look at it that way

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Wow, good luck! If your able to fix it without paying someone you will be fine. You have your work cut out though! Check everything , it was for sure not taken care of, I'm sure you have every common problem to fix on it and your probilly going to find stripped bolts and Ty-wire holding things on! Start with the case and go from there, just make sure it's safe?

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
u gotta admit for 400, the thing will get u down the trail for awhile, just dont submerge it in water, i think its got an easy way in.lol Loook for a bottom end and a seat, you'll be good to go for a long time, its a diamond in the rough lol, keep oil in the sucker till u find a bottom end, you got a great parts motor look at it that way

Until you run it out of oil and destroy the entire top end. If he's lucky the topend is still good and he can use it still. The thing desperately needs to be torn down and either parted out or rebuilt

·
Registered
198 Posts
you are right camaro. motor needs fixin

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
i think just gonna ride out keep adding oil let my wife learn on it and some friends tag along till it explodes but gonna figure out to prevent leak to small leak lol and the a arms are bent i pushed it out of my shed but i know when it does go ka boom ill make my money back and yes he was riding it leaking and it been ridden hard

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
update i stopped leak totally i used mesh wire jb weld gasket and a clamp looks ghetto rigged but got the job done

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a friend who has a 2003 suzuki z400 for sale told me sell it to me for 400 dollars runs great not a problem with nothing except has a cracked crank case is wut he told me leaks oil but not to bad and needs new front brakes also front brake grip is broken the quad has been used fairly but still gets up and goes is this a good quad to fix or can i fix it was wondering just want a extra quad for friends and my wife wants to start riding? the crack is right where the shifter is?

hello there this is Doug i also ride a 2003 to 08 ltz z400 racing ATV i have the crank case problom to but i have founde out to get my ltz 400 ATV crank case replased it going to cost me $1000.00 just for the left and right crank case
but i finde the left and right side on ebay whth all the othere exstriga parts is like $1599.00 at but it will come whth all the exstra parts it trully is a bummer i now and a new engine is like $2500.00 new

the best avices i can give to you that is free is alwayes make sere your chain is set right and dont come lose will you ride be cuse if the atv throues the chain arounde the craink case it will cast money to have it fixed and can get exspinsuve fast and be a bad day on the trails or at track

21 - 35 of 35 Posts