Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning. Replaced the oil tank on my sons quad as the drain plug was stripped. Filled the oil ran it for a bit and went and checked the oil level about 45 minutes later. When I pulled the dip stick about 1/2 quart of oil gas l came pouring out of the top where the dipstick goes. Any idea what could cause this?
Thanks

·
Registered
270 Posts
Stuck float needle on the carb? Petcock left in the prime position? Faulty petcock allowing fuel to come through the vacuum line causing it to over flow into the crankcase.

Reactions: amcf18

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright. Drained the oil, changed the oil filter (I had just done this recently) filled the oil tank. Was kind of odd as when putting in the amount of oil it calls for it filled the oil tank up all the way. Ran it and it went down to normal full on the dip stick. That’s never happened before. Usually after putting in the correct amount of oil, it’s all the way to the top of the oil tank where you put the dipstick in. Seems ok now tho after letting it run a couple times and checking the level.
is there a way to ensure the oil is circulating through the motor? Without draining it from the bottom of the motor again?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,923 Posts
You remove the bolt that seems like it has no purpose that’s located near the cam chain tensioner. It is an oil passage that supplies oil to the cam journals in the head. Oil should weep out while running at idle. If none comes out, oil isn’t circulating to the head.
You can also pull the dipstick while running and see a stream coming from the return line into the tank with a flashlight.

Reactions: amcf18

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You remove the bolt that seems like it has no purpose that’s located near the cam chain tensioner. It is an oil passage that supplies oil to the cam journals in the head. Oil should weep out while running at idle. If none comes out, oil isn’t circulating to the head.
You can also pull the dipstick while running and see a stream coming from the return line into the tank with a flashlight.
thank you. I know exactly what bit you’re talking about. Will
Try that first.
have an awesome night….

1 - 5 of 5 Posts