Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all. My 2006 z400 has no spark. When idling, if I rocked it back and forth, it was cutting out like it wasn't getting enough fuel. Buddy said to adjust the tab on the float. Took the carb out, adjusted the tab and put it back in. Now I can't get spark. I even bought another carb. Still nothing. Took all plastics off to see all wiring. No loose wires. Replaced the spark plug. I just had the stator replaced in August. Any ideas?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey y'all. My 2006 z400 has no spark. When idling, if I rocked it back and forth, it was cutting out like it wasn't getting enough fuel. Buddy said to adjust the tab on the float. Took the carb out, adjusted the tab and put it back in. Now I can't get spark. I even bought another carb. Still nothing. Took all plastics off to see all wiring. No loose wires. Replaced the spark plug. I just had the stator replaced in August. Any ideas?
If you check you spark plug against the side of the jug and get very inconsistent to no spark I would look into the stator. I know you said you did it in August but seems to be a somewhat common issue on these, and many other bikes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts