Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having run issues. Cleaned out carb, and all parts in good working order. Petcock in run position. Will only idle with choke. Once you start to remove choke the engine stalls out, same as if you hit the throttle.

·
Super Moderator
4,507 Posts
Since the choke is an enrichment passage that just dumps more gas into the carb, that tells me it's starving for fuel. Either the pilot jet is still clogged or some other passage in the carb is still dirty.

Reactions: amcf18

·
Registered
34 Posts
Since the choke is an enrichment passage that just dumps more gas into the carb, that tells me it's starving for fuel. Either the pilot jet is still clogged or some other passage in the carb is still dirty.
Definitely agree with jetmech, that almost always points to a carb out of tune. I'd take it apart and give it a good cleaning and I bet you'll be ready to rock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Having run issues. Cleaned out carb, and all parts in good working order. Petcock in run position. Will only idle with choke. Once you start to remove choke the engine stalls out, same as if you hit the throttle.
Had the same problem with my 2002 Eiger 400. Remove screw on side of carb (need a very long screwdriver) and have a telescopic magnet along side to hold the screw from dropping. Spray carb cleaner in hole to clear up residue from ethanol gas. Works every time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts