Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rolled my quad and now the push button start won’t work. I can jump the solenoid but I don’t wanna do that forever. I’ve take the start/kill/ lights / choke assembly apart and cleaned it and all the connections look fine. I went and cleaned everything could take out but still won’t work. And I have power to the wires so it’s not a broken wire

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
We refer to it as the “blob” assembly. You can search for blob, blob removal, etc and find lots of info on it. I suspect your problem is in the contacts underneath the switch. You can take that apart and clean/lube them with dielectric grease. Be careful with the small pieces, springs, etc and you should be able to fix it. If not, you can just find a used one on EBay

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We refer to it as the “blob” assembly. You can search for blob, blob removal, etc and find lots of info on it. I suspect your problem is in the contacts underneath the switch. You can take that apart and clean/lube them with dielectric grease. Be careful with the small pieces, springs, etc and you should be able to fix it. If not, you can just find a used one on EBay
So I took it apart cleaned it all put it back together- still didn’t work. I went on partzilla bought a brand new oem blob assembly. And I got that today and still isn’t starting, do you have any other ideas?

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
Since it isn’t the obvious part, you’ll need to do some troubleshooting with a meter and a wiring diagram. Check for 12v at the trigger wire for the starter relay when you push the switch. If no power is getting there, read out the neutral safety switch and clutch safety switch.
If you do have power at the relay trigger wire, suspect a bad relay.

Reactions: amcf18
1 - 5 of 5 Posts