Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know where to put this, but my friend has a 2008 Z400 that he bought last november brand new off the showroom. It has less than 20 hrs on it. He was a new rider and just doesn't really like quads that much so he is looking to sell it.

He's trying to get $5300 for it with gloves, helmet, two cheap ice tires, and a 3 yr warranty left. He's curious to know if that is good price or not. I told him it sounds real high but I havent seen many of the used 08's for sale. He paid over 6k for it last year with nothing included. :eek:

What do you guys think it is worth? If anyone is interested in it let me know, it's located in Eden, WI 53019

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
You can buy an LTR for that price man.

·
Registered
259 Posts
way to high. might be able to get 3k if you find the right buyer. these things loose value so bad. as soon as you buy a new one and sign the papers you loose 2k on it lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exactly my thoughts guys. I got a 2008 KTM 450xc that i bought brand new in January, and i'm not sure i'd even be able to get that for it lol. And it has only been ridden 3 times on the ice.

I'll tell him he's looking at around 3k. He's gonna take it like a slap in the face, but oh well, i told him to knock the dealer down to atleast $4500 when he bought it, but instead he paid $2000 more...

Brandon

·
Registered
6 Posts
lol I just bought an 08' special edition with nerf bars, 6pack rack, slip on, jets and it looked brand new looking like it came right off the lot for $2800

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
What z comes with a 3 yr warranty? Mine had a 30 day warranty when I got it brand new.

·
Registered
433 Posts
i tell him to start liking it or part it out

·
Registered
259 Posts
i had a 6 mo warranty on mine brand new

·
Registered
962 Posts
Does anyone know what the average Z would make off of a whole partout ? (2003) JW for the future. Maybe to get money for a LTR if they ever release them again. But I like the Z so I will more than likley keep it when I cross that bridge.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe it was 6 mo, either way, I remember it being ridiculously short.

He bought an extended 3 yr. I'm not sure if it is factory or thru the dealer.

On a side note, I thought all the sport quads came with atleast a 6 mo warranty, except the KTM. When I bought my KTM it only came with a 30 day warranty cause it's classified as "Competition Use" instead of "Recreation" or whatever most quads are listed as. Basically because it was built to be purely raced, thats how they got away with it. Kind of WooterWooterWooterWooterty to be honest, but there really havent been too many problem that the warranty would have helped anyways.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts