Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
recently purchased a 2009 LTZ 400 that needed the head rebuilt that I knew of I bought a new head from Suzuki, new valves, new piston, new timing chain and tensioner and got the motor in the bike and it will turn over all day long has great compression but it's not getting any spark, my pickup omes out at 525 under no load but when I crank the bike it goes as low as 300 and as high as 750 I've never had the bike going so it's hard to say what's going on
I have another 400 that is carbureted but I switched over the coil to that bike that works and it's fine the ignition works properly the start button is working and I switched over the regulator to the other bike to test it
I have a 450 at the shop and I tried using that ECU because I saw in another post that its said they are interchangeable sometimes but of course I have the one with the wrong map and it just flashes the check engine code at me
I don't have the computer or any of the stuff needed to hook the quad up and read it
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
4,744 Posts
If you’re positive all the grounds are installed, I would check the stator and it’s harness connectors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a new stator and pick up ordered and on the way, I hate throwing parts at it but I'm stumped

1 - 3 of 3 Posts