Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My quad has had problems electric starting recently and it sounds like the engine is just spinning and not engaging. She is able to be bump started but absolutely nothing engages when I try to electric start it. Any information would be helpful.

·
Super Moderator
4,502 Posts
If it’s making a squealing racket, it’s probably the starter clutch or one-way gear is worn out. You’ll have to pull the clutch basket and see.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it’s making a squealing racket, it’s probably the starter clutch or one-way gear is worn out. You’ll have to pull the clutch basket and see.
I think that its the one way gear because mine seems to spin both ways. How do I fix this problem. Also thanks for being on top of this community.

·
Super Moderator
4,502 Posts
You’ll have to pull the clutch basket (puller required) and open the opposite case to torque it back. Pull the starter clutch and one-way gear, sometimes they come out together. Replace which one is worn, or both, then stack it back in how it came out.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Jet, in 2012 the starter clutch is behind the clutch basket instead of behind the flywheel like at 03-08 ?

·
Super Moderator
4,502 Posts
I think you might be right, wasn’t paying attention to the year. No puller required then.

·
Registered
209 Posts
no, u didnt understand me , im asking if suzuki made diifrent location for the starter clutch from 2009 to 2012?
i have no idea about 2010+... ATVs

·
Super Moderator
4,502 Posts
Don’t know either. Parts microfiche looks to be different, but hard to tell.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
They didnt change the motor any. Oneway clutch is still on the flywheel on the left side of the motor. pull the left cover off. You dont need to pull the clutch basket or anything off that side. They have a puller you will need to get it off. You will need and impact.

·
Super Moderator
4,502 Posts
Sounds the same as the old one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts