Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has probably been talked about on here millions of times but I just picked up a 2013 z400 and I'm going to use it for xc racing. Been looking Into parts and it seems like there arnt many options for swingarms.

So my question is how do the swingarms hold up? And what is a good brand to go with for aftermarket?

·
Administrator
7,772 Posts
The stock swingarms are known to crack when used for MX. I'd think the same would apply for XC. I'm not sure who all still offers one. They're out there. I'm pretty sure American Star has one. I'm a dealer with them, so I periodically am on their site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cool I'll look them up. I saw one on ebay that looked ok. Not sure of the brand. Fireball racing or somthing not sure if its reputable or not. They are the same swing arm for all the years correct?

·
Administrator
7,772 Posts
The stock one got a couple updates over the years, but they all fit in place of each other, as far as aftermarket fitment goes. I'm a little fuzzy on if anything changed for the 09+ models, but I don't think anything changed with the swingarm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks. For xc racing what extended length you think I should get. I was thinking +1 but wasnt sure

·
Administrator
7,772 Posts
I'd say that's a safe bet. Stock always felt short, especially at full ride height. I have a +2 Janssen on my yellow quad, and that feels nice, but it is a 462 big bore stroker. It sits a little low too, but I think with less power, it might get a little hard to get the front up in some situations. Then again +2 will help your holeshot. Those machines usually sit pretty tall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts