Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on doing all except Florida this year. Gncc is back with AMA this year, so that's an extra cost, but not too bad, considering you get free roadside assistance with it. AAA alone would be $60.

I'm actually looking for some more people to ride along too. I have 7x14 enclosed trailer with room for 2 more and leave late most Thursday nights before the races. If you have a bigger trailer and more people I don't mind towing that either, my truck will handle it:D

My zip is 12566, but I'll stop along the way if you aren't too far off the main roads.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I PM'd you

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only 1 week before the season opener! I still have room if anyone wants to come to Fl or GA. I'm leaving next Thursday around noon.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
god you guys are lucky, this sounds like it would be a blast. enjoy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'll prob do rounds 7,9,11, and 12. maybe 8 and 13. i'm really not sure lol. Might just end up spectating some of those if i'm feeling lazy. (which i have been)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry I haven't kept up with this thread, pretty bad considering I started it. I've been really busy between work, fixing the quad, and racing.

I'm currently sitting 3rd in points in Sport, but haven't had the best luck. Broke a tie rod end at round 1, lost a front wheel bearing at round 2, and burnt the starter up on the line at round 3. Nearly lost a chain and sprockets at round 4 when the front one spit a few teeth, but managed to take the checkered flag. Round 5 was finally a good race and I pulled the holeshot and finished 2nd.

I'm skipping number 6 in TN, but will be at all the others. I'm looking forward to some "close" races now that I can make in roughly one tank of fuel instead of two like the first 5. I also still have trailer space if anyone would like to hit any of the remaining races. You're also welcome to come pit with our group too.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took 2nd at round 7 and should have won it, but just couldn't make the pass. Took 5th at the last race after starting dead last because I forgot to put my gloves on until the green flag dropped. That might be the dumbest racing mistake I've ever made:confused:

Next up is Snowshoe on the 21st. I love this track and always have fun, but never seem to get a great finish, so I'm hoping to break that trend this year.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Congrats on a nice round 7 finish, and good luck with the rest. Good to see you hung in there after all the problems in the first 5 rounds. Keep updating.

ps. you need to gopro some of these races

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Good to see you are doing well!

I was at the Penton last weekend too, boy was I surprised at the number of Z's that were there! Didn't happen to see you out there, or I would have stopped by.

Good luck in the rest of the season, I will probably be at rounds 12 and 13, maybe I'll see you there!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No gopro for me! I like keeping my bonehead line choices and mistakes my little secret:p

Here's what mine looks like in case anyone wants to find me at any of the remaining races.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I continued my tradition and had another lousy finish at Snowshoe. Got 8th out of 10 after a lower a-arm bearing ripped out of my Roll Design arms:mad:. Some fans gave me an old strap and I was able to limp it in to score a second lap.

I also shattered a 3" section of my Hiper beadlock ring and obviously lost pressure there.

Somehow I'm still sitting in 2nd for the year by 1 point. I just had my shocks serviced and will replace a bunch of bearings and skid plates over the summer break. I'm also going to mill the ends of my Roll Design arms and weld in an adapter to run a normal sealed ball joint like the rest of the world does.

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
Do you run any wnyoa races? Seems like a great local series....I hit up greek peak a few weeks ago

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not really. I don't like a bunch of their tracks and I'm not into racing on Sundays either. Some of the western tracks are still a pretty long drive for me too.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Really? Yeah the sunday race is the only thing that im not a fan of but from what ive seen the tracks are really fast and fun. Greek peak would have been better if it wasnt so wet out that weekend. What about the tracks dont you like?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Knobby acres might be the roughest track I've done without being rocky. Just constant choppy ground beating you up. Thunder ridge has more exposed tree roots than dirt after years of racing. I've done some others and wasn't real impressed and they were always running late on top of that.

Greak peak is supposed to be awesome and one of their best tracks, but I've never been able to make it there for scheduling reasons.

NEATV has actually been doing some combo mx/xc events on Saturday this year that look like fun. 2 30 minute motos with partial fun mx and xc loops included. I've watched some helmet camera footage and I'm probably going to do a bunch of them next year.

Gncc really spoils you for getting used to top notch tracks and crews that keep everything flowing smoothly and on time.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've been putting in a bunch of time getting things freshened up during the summer break. Mostly bearings and other worn out parts. I have two fun races in August to knock the cobwebs off before Unadilla Sept 6th

The big project has been converting my Roll Design a-arms to use normal parts like the rest of the world. Earlier this year I bored the inner part at the frame to use stock bearings instead of the expensive piece that was in there and doesn't last any longer. Next up on the list was making the outer ends setup for sealed ball joints instead of heim joints up top and spherical bearings below.

Here's the before shot of the lower arms.

Here's part of the work.

Adapter welded in.

Knuckle mounted up. I also made an adapter to use 14mm ball joints up top, since they don't take as much abuse. 05 450R knuckle in case you couldn't tell.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts