Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a 14’ z with bolt ons. Kn powerlid, full yoshi, power commander, Dyno tune. So I literally just learned about the extra piece of the PCV that adjusts timing. I’m assuming that is reason I have a miss at 10% throttle. When I stab it, slight hesitation before pulling. The guy I took it to was a reputable tuner in the Midwest and literally gave me no extra info about this issue. Just that it was an issue he couldn’t tune out...I was wondering if that is for sure going to be my ticket and if anybody else with a second gen ever had that problem.
Side note..looking for graphic ideas or maybe custom graphic sites for the black rear, yellow front end color way. Long post...sorry.
(Maybe better tuners in the Midwest? Long shot)
THANKS!!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Extra piece of PCV to adjust timing? Never heard of it. As far as I know, theres no manual timing adjustment unless you have aftermarket cams and move the gears on them. Which I dont recommend unless you really know what youre doing. Other than that it would be electronically in the computer. There is an automatic timing chain adjuster but that wouldnt adjust your timing. It could throw off the timing if it was really loose. I'd bet something isnt right in the tune. Maybe check the timing and make sure its correct just to start.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. PCV=Power commander 5. I was originally told that tuning module would do everything I needed by some guy over the phone. I believe at Dyna actually. So I got that installed, had it tuned, then learned I needed something else to change ignition timing. Ran perfect before I started the bolt ons.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I go to order an ignition module for my power commander and there isn’t one for an ltz? IM SO CONFUSED!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts