Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running this setup? Do you like it is it worth the extra weight?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Probaly A 24 volt starting system. It has A smaller battery next to the stock one and when you start it, It will send 24V to the startyer to start faster......in a nutshell. :lol

Its popular in GNCC dead starts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
On the 03-08' models I've never seen the need. Keep your valves and jetting in spec and keep a strong charged battery in and my Z's always started very fast. Had no problems beating 09' and up Ltz's and 400ex in the Sport class. One of those 400ex's had a 24v and I would still beat them. ;) If your running the Z in a 450cc class your gonna need more help than a 24v system. lol

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
I could see maybe using a 24volt start on a high compression stroker, but i've heard of people using a yamaha warrior 350 battery.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know what setup you're referring to?
Yes for starting, when you have a fcr with a bbs and no cam release it doesn't like to crank if you stall it witch is hard since I have a Rekluse but I like the idea of having a little extra capacity with running multiple lights and no way to pull start it! This is why I'm curious!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Bryan, my 09 starts worse than my friends 05 everytime. Im about to run a 24v system.

·
Registered
296 Posts
i have the same issue with my Z. just installed the OSHC's which do not have the auto decomp feature on them. took the z out after i completed the build, and sure enough, anytime i duffed it, it would not crank. if i slowed down, let it idle for a second, then shut it off, it would fire right back up. my battery is kinda old, so that may have been playing a part too.

i just bought an 8 cell ballistics battery with about 275cranking amps. i am hoping this helps. i am also hoping this doesnt fry my starter.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Great Scott! What you need is 1.21 gigawatts.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Great Scott! What you need is 1.21 gigawatts.
did you just see this or something? i've read a few of these quotes in the past 24 hrs!!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I guess I'll make like a tree and get out'a here.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
we just love back to the future.... im in the process of figuring how i can make my z run on garbage, soda and the cans it comes in its a long process but ill figure it out!!! i had a meeting with dr brown today but for some reason he didnt show....

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
we just love back to the future.... im in the process of figuring how i can make my z run on garbage, soda and the cans it comes in its a long process but ill figure it out!!! i had a meeting with dr brown today but for some reason he didnt show....
You need a Mr. Fusion!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I'm never the first one out of the gate on a dead engine start with mine. It just always takes a second longer then everyone else after I did all my mods. I thought about the 24v system but said na. I'd rather spend the money to install the decompression mechanism on the webs and save the stress on the starter clutch and starter. The FCR and the slower cranking speed are the cause of my starting woes. If I don't use the hotstart when it's warm then I really have to crank on it. I get two tries before my battery says no more and won't turn it over. Yes my battery is toast after the battery box broke and it fell out on the mx track, but I've been busy with the hybrid.

·
Registered
533 Posts
24v here....and i love it !!!! But I run 2 full size batteries one up front to help with weight transfer in corners and on hard launches! A+++++

·
Premium Member
4,280 Posts
i was thinking about it, but thats a lot of weight. i would have to run two lithium batts and thats a LOT of money.

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
24v here....and i love it !!!! But I run 2 full size batteries one up front to help with weight transfer in corners and on hard launches! A+++++
did you ever figure out a way to charge second battery ?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yes, but not while it's running... I have a tender hooked ip to it when it's home but nothing while charging...I just want the initial boost for the dead engine start I run a rekluse so stalling in the woods isn't the big of an issue, unless I get on the gas and the brake roo hard at the same time (don't laugh it happens lol)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, but not while it's running... I have a tender hooked ip to it when it's home but nothing while charging...I just want the initial boost for the dead engine start I run a rekluse so stalling in the woods isn't the big of an issue, unless I get on the gas and the brake roo hard at the same time (don't laugh it happens lol)
I'm with you on the stalling it does happen!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts