Suzuki Central Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well I finished my 24 volt starting!:shocker::shocker:man it was crazy how fast this thing fires!
I should have done this 2 years ago!

·
:Formerly SedaliaPowerSports:
570 Posts
I run a ytx12bs with my battery stay turned upside down.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
post up a video! and pics of your batteries!
I'll try I suck at trying to post pics on the site! That's what happens when your computer stupid!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Mine is a pain to start when its warmed up.. it was explained to me that the internal parts get "bigger" when heated up to operating temps and cause more friction on the starter.. I don't know, it kinda sounded good somewhat... A little bit, maybe?!?!...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Just pulled the hole shot yesterday by 5-6 lengths and I was the only 400 chassis quad on the line, 24v is a must have for dead engine start ....there was even a couple former pro gncc quads on the line like Bryan cooks ktm with Baldwin motor AND 24v and I still pulled him : )

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Congrats that's awsome!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Congrats that's awsome!
Thanks!! Im starting to like this thing lol...but I sure do miss my Honda there maybe a part out thread coming stay tuned !!

·
Premium Member
6,043 Posts

·
Administrator
12,449 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,043 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Batteries are rated by how long they can crank and still hold 12v or by amp hour.

In order to spin the starter faster you need more volts not more cca . I would strongly recommend running at least one stock strength battery or better and having a way to convert quickly back to 12v in need be, cause if the 2nd battery goes bad or loses charge or not enough charge you will not start!! That why I have a quick connect setup out side the air box by the sub frame.

·
Premium Member
6,043 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
why do you think its called a 12 v starter ?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Prob shortens life...but it's a risk I will take for the starting time ...again I only use my 24v during a race otherwise I'm only using 12v

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone have pics or diagram of how they set up their 24 volt system. I need to do this or mess with cam.. I have a race in couple days and we do dead starts... my z started awesome but now I put big bore kit and it has trouble on first push sometimes

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
i have 484 ltz i touch the start button and bang its running . is it because i have an adjustable timing , and the way i have it set . is it because i have the right set of cams?? hummm maybe you's guy's just have not figured it out yet

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have 484 ltz i touch the start button and bang its running . is it because i have an adjustable timing , and the way i have it set . is it because i have the right set of cams?? hummm maybe you's guy's just have not figured it out yet
What kind of cans r u using? I'm new to doing the motor work and all upgrades

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have stage 2 hotcams in mine with cylinder works big bore. And I just had to add another battery for 24 volts to get to start faster... valves r shimmed correctly also

21 - 40 of 40 Posts