Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw a pic some z with a quadtech carbon fiber hood. now does the hood fit right over it, or is some special alternations required?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
thats cool tell me if it is a 250r hood or not cause if it is im getting one

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im pretty sure it was intended for a 250r. it does look good...

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
yeah i talked to the guy that has it it is a 250r hood scoop he said just pop rivet it it fits good

·
Registered
161 Posts
what do u guys think would look better the Quad-tech 250r hood on a Z or the Fibe industries hood on a Z?? and it really that simple to put the 250r hood on a Z?? just pop rivet it??

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
personally, i like the quadtech hood more than the fibe one. quadtech is NICE

·
Registered
161 Posts
yeah i like the quadtech hood more than the fibe industries hood! plus i think it might be cheaper too. there is only one way to see if it fits, and thats to try it, so i guess i' buy one. hopefully it works with fullbore plastics!

·
Registered
254 Posts
250r hood on the Z

I saw the picture and it looks great, I just want to know if you have to cut the stock nose piece off. When the 400ex first came out a lot of people were cutting the stock nose off and putting the 250r nose piece on. I just wanted to know exactly how to go about putting a sweet quad tech scoop hood on my new z! Thanks

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
looks nice

a bit pricey no?

·
Registered
156 Posts
That looks awesome!

That nose piece looks really great. I have a yellow Z and have any of you other guys tried putting that nose on a yellow Z?? If so how does it look?? What color nose piece did you put on it??

·
Registered
4 Posts
so your saying that the quadtech picture up top is for the z well i have a white z and i was wondering if it qould work on a complete stock z ?

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Guys...do a search on here...I saw a pic of a Z400 with a 250r hood on it...it looked pretty good. The only thing is that there was a little bit of overhang on the corners of the hood...because of the point on the Z. I don't think he cut the Z either.

I'd have to say I wouldn't pay $180 for it though.

·
Registered
413 Posts
250r hood

I did mine with a 250R hood. i trimmed at thetop, and the bottom corners. i did not have to cut the z fenders at all, just drill a few holes for the rivets.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Does anyone have a pic of the maier hood?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Heres mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
897 Posts
or did u mean a maier 250r hood?

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Before you go spend $180 on a Quad Tech hood check out the one from Feather Carbon. They are available in black or colors, and as always free repair if you break it, cant beat that! Retail is $145 and for a limited time they are available directly from me (Bare Performance) for $123.25!! Your saving $60 off the Quad tech price! PM me to order yours today!

·
Registered
897 Posts
im pretty sure that is a 250R hood

1 - 20 of 26 Posts