Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went out and ran my first time in any quad race (flat track). Everyone else had 450's there and a lot more riding experience in general, I was rocking the bone stock kfx400, lowered it with a crj kit and I have a gforce axle and that's it as far as anything to affect performance/power. I had my pressures off in my heat race and spun out twice which was highly embarrassing. On the restart (2nd spin out) I was in third (last place in open am), I stayed on the guy in second, in turn 4 he slid up/sideways. I was running on the outside of him and ended up running over his rr tire and kind of into his nerfs. They restarted us again and I held him off the last few laps.

In the feature race I started second and was able to hold him off and ended up getting myself a half track lead over him. The guy who was in first probably should have been in the pro class, he had a half lap on me. But hey, I beat on one 450 that had extended a arms, axle, pipped, revalved/resprung shocks, and a sway bar (that was all I could see). Over all I'm happy with my performance, I'll try to put up a video in the next couple days.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
that's awesome! Glad you showed what a 400 could do to a 450:D Today was the first race that I have ever been to. Me and a buddy went to riverdale to watch my buddy 2stroke son race. Flat track is not as easy as it looks I'll say that! Had a great time and took some pics, hopefully 2stroke posts them up. Did anybody flip their quad over okie?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!
There were a couple wrecks, I don't think anyone flipped but there were a couple wrecks and one guy ended up underneath his quad, nobody got hurt though. I must say the guy I beat seemed a little butt sore that he got beat by a bone stock 400 ;)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Videos kind of boring, maybe I could have shifted into 3rd, still don't have gearing right. But here it is... Ya ya I know 1st place had half a lap on me

·
Registered
386 Posts
Congrats man! sounds like alot of fun. The link isn't workin for me......

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
you know youtube has a editing program that will turn you vid right side up its easy to use and dont have to down load anything

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is it working now?
No I didn't know, I'll have to see if I can do it from my phone, that's all I really use. I had to create an acct just to load that one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats, no racing is easy. if it was everyone would do it

·
Registered
447 Posts
that's awesome! Glad you showed what a 400 could do to a 450:D Today was the first race that I have ever been to. Me and a buddy went to riverdale to watch my buddy 2stroke son race. Flat track is not as easy as it looks I'll say that! Had a great time and took some pics, hopefully 2stroke posts them up. Did anybody flip their quad over okie?
Took some great video uploaded to facebook this morning just tried uploading to photobucket right now but was taking way too long.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts