Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the time has come.I have done everything outside the motor exepct a new carb.Thats the next step but I dont know if I should go with a 39 because I plan on going with a big bore within the next year and think I will benifit more with a 41 when that time comes but I think the 41 might be overkill for now.I think that they are around the same price but I dont know which one to go with.Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Well the time has come.I have done everything outside the motor exepct a new carb.Thats the next step but I dont know if I should go with a 39 because I plan on going with a big bore within the next year and think I will benifit more with a 41 when that time comes but I think the 41 might be overkill for now.I think that they are around the same price but I dont know which one to go with.Any advise will be greatly appreciated.[/b]
go with the fcr 40 , its the best of both worlds and it is the updated version of the 39,41 fcr.

·
Registered
583 Posts
FCR 40

Available through www.gt thunder.com
Thats what I'm running & WOW!!! - It's almost scary fast
Cold weather setup for mine is -180 main-55 pilot- & 2 turns out on air screw

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Then I will go with a 40. :rockon

·
Registered
384 Posts
Then I will go with a 40. :rockon[/b]
great could you get me one too
:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
zquadnice told me $550.

·
Registered
59 Posts
41 FCR

I have a 41 FCR and I use a 182 jet. I may try a 185 just to make sure I'm at the biggest i can go. That may be overkill for a stock motor, but it is very adjustable. I didn't put that on the stock motor. I would recomend wait and do it all at the same time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:flamethrower

·
Registered
203 Posts
If we can get a group of 4 of us together an buy them that way from sudco, we can save bucks. We buy a rack for a R1 minus the rack and we get a killer deal. We will have to get throttle cables but the price for 4 is a bit under $1k (i think) It might be a little difficult to get someone to pony up the cash and be responsible to get everyones money, but an idea at least. I could be interested. Better yet, lets get a bunch of us on here to get 10-15 we will save even more.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i would be game for the rack from the r if it works also do those come with the tps sensor on them pm me or post i would be very interested in that hell we could spilt it 50/50 and sell the other 2 on ebay for 400 a piece that what they go for!!!!!!
:

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Are you talkin about the 40fcr? Does that come with an accelartor pump? If you can get them for 4 for $1000 why not I will buy one. I heard the FCR carbs are hard to tune how true is that?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
If those dyno graphs are the real deal then that carb is more then worth the money for those that want more power. A 6HP gain! 8O by itself when the other bolton's are in place. This is the information I'm refering to http://www.gtthunder.com/400z.html

·
Registered
227 Posts
I gained about 5 or 6 hp when I switched to the FCR. They are not hard to tune at all, once you find the best setting for your climate, elevation etc. You shouldnt have to mess with it. The DRZ guys have been tuning these carbs since 2000, so they know what works (www.thumpertalk.com). The FCR racks are cheaper initially, but in order to separate them, and set them up to work as a single carb you will have big$$ into them. Your best bet is to find a used FCR from a YZ/WR or DRZ E/K model. I had to look for a year, but finally picked one up for $200. There are a few advantages of doing it this way. For one you can use the TPS, and the intake on the head side of the carb is 3mm bigger than a Sudco, or carbparts carb. They use a screw in adaptor that reduces the intake size by 3mm. To use the Factory FCR you have to use the manifold from the dirt DRZ, and a bell mouth adaptor from carb parts warehouse. You will also need a DRZ, or aftermarket petcock, or modify the stock vaccuum petcock to work with the non CV carb. With jets, and everything I have a little more than $300 into my setup. It will take a while to find one of these but if you are patient they are around. I found mine at a MC salvage yard on the east coast, by using a search engine on the web searching for MC salvage yards. I sent about 100 emails before I finally found one.

·
Registered
848 Posts
so your running a fcr39mm if its off a drz400e? right?

are you sure its that big of a gain? 5-6 hp?

look at ctracing's dyno of their big bore kit .... it looks like the fcr41 they added only made a 1 hp gin

·
Registered
227 Posts
It is at least 5hp, in my opinion it is the best mod you can do to the DRZ 400s, I dont see why the quad would be any different. A stock DRZ 400s has about 32 to 33 hp. A DRZ E/K has close to 40. The main diferences are the cams which didnt result in much of a gain in hp, the base gasket, that was not all that impressive either, and the carb which is where most of the 7hp gain came from.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts