Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There is no question that the 400ex boot flows much better.. I can't wait to finally get it installed and test it out. Hopefully I remember to take pics after i get it installed. I am running rich, so this may lean me out a little hehe

Here is the 400ex boot, pretty straight through...

Here is a stock z400 boot... Has some dirty screen in it guess to block big particulates...

The 400ex boot is huge compared to the stock z's.

For some reason my boot was really kinked when I took it all apart, wasn't even sitting on the air box right

Wish I was near a dyno to see how this changes things..

·
Registered
500 Posts
I've used the clamps for the 400ex boot and it hasn't given me any problems

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Look at the difference between the two, the ex boot has much less restriction (easier air flow) from one end to another. Seeing as an engine is basically an air pump, it alows easier flow into the engine, making more power. Also if you look up "venturi effect" on google, the 400ex tube changes in size from large to small, increasing the velocity of the intake air into the carb. This is the theory, but I have heard people talking about a decent amount of power from a fairly simple mod.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Yeah like ridin434 said you're going to gain power because your increasing the efficiency of the motor. The boot allows for a much straighter less restrictive airflow.

·
Premium Member
4,891 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
I actually used the factory fitting with a hose clamp and a little silicone. Really have been meaning to do something more efficient but if it ain't broke don't fix it right?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Anyone in this thread use the 400ex intake boot on a fcr39 to an airbox? Im getting the 400ex boot, but im wondering how much ill have to cut out of the 400ex boot. Also if im supposed to cut from one or both sides of the boot.

If someone can post close up pics before and after the cut that would be extremely helpful for me to judge.
Thanks!
Matt

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Yeah thats what I am planning on doing I guess. Did you cut off both ends of your boot to make it fit? Did you move the hole in your air box or what else did you do to make it fit?
Anyone in this thread use the 400ex intake boot on a fcr39 to an airbox? Im getting the 400ex boot, but im wondering how much ill have to cut out of the 400ex boot. Also if im supposed to cut from one or both sides of the boot.

If someone can post close up pics before and after the cut that would be extremely helpful for me to judge.
Thanks!
Matt
Guys...I posted on a thread just last month several pics and alot of the info your asking here. The actual thread was called how to fit 400ex boot and it was started by 09LTZ400RIDER. Try looking that up.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great pics and posts!

could you elaborate what you mean:

The elbow (pcv tube) on the 400ex tube (see pic above) is Autozone part# 47032. I attached a 2 1/2" heater hose to the pcv elbow. Then I attached a heater hose connector to that (part#47081). The factory hose that attached to the stock air tube will attach to the other end of this connector.

Can you explain why we would need each part? are they just attachments to get that hose to fit?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Great pics and posts!

could you elaborate what you mean:

The elbow (pcv tube) on the 400ex tube (see pic above) is Autozone part# 47032. I attached a 2 1/2" heater hose to the pcv elbow. Then I attached a heater hose connector to that (part#47081). The factory hose that attached to the stock air tube will attach to the other end of this connector.

Can you explain why we would need each part? are they just attachments to get that hose to fit?

Yes... thats all they are really. Just attachments to get the stock air hose to properly fit the hole on the side of the 400ex tube. As stated earlier in this thread you could just run the air hose down to the tube like you would the stocker, but then you would need to clamp it and put a little silicon on it to keep it from leaking (the hole on the side of the 400ex tube is larger than the one on the stocker). The parts that I listed eliminate having to do that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes... thats all they are really. Just attachments to get the stock air hose to properly fit the hole on the side of the 400ex tube. As stated earlier in this thread you could just run the air hose down to the tube like you would the stocker, but then you would need to clamp it and put a little silicon on it to keep it from leaking (the hole on the side of the 400ex tube is larger than the one on the stocker). The parts that I listed eliminate having to do that.

Can you explain the purpose of the 2 1/2'' heater hose? I'm going to pick up the V hose to boot connector but im wondering if you can elaborate on the purpose of the heater hose vs. the hose that comes with the bike..

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes I have read it several times, but it didn't answer all questions on how this is done. For people who haven't done this before the information is VERY VAGUE. I am just trying to get info in one thread where a person can read and be able to complete with limited skills. I used to be the guy who didn't know anything so just trying to help.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts