Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where to start, bike came in after it ate both ex. valves I replaced the usual parts, valves piston etc. I looked in the wrong place for valves and springs and ordered springs for a dirt bike, double springs instead of single springs.
Didnt think that would make a large problem. Guy took the bike out and didnt hear a thing till now. The valves rattle like the engine is coming out of the frame. Under excelleration it stumbles in 2nd sometimes 3rd in mid power
range Checked the valve clearance, its .004 with 285 button shims. Got any ideas Gents:angryfire:

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Did you replace the timing chain?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Biggie I did, head,jug whole top end. Valve head destroyed both
Any other suggestions? Thanks for getting back so soon.
Moped

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Tensioner reset properly? If not, it could have stretched the new chain. Is the timing correct?

·
Registered
259 Posts
i'am not sure about this but could the valves be seated wrong? go ahead lets here it........ lol

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
When you say "valves rattle", does that mean vibrations or a ticking sound?

·
Registered
800 Posts
what valve springs and valves did you order? if you ordered them for the drze bike, it will be ok.
are you sure it only ruined the ex valves? why didn't you replace the intake valves as well?
I'm with biggie on this one, i think it has something to do with the timing chain or tensioner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts