Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a 440 kit (without high comp piston) and run pump gas??
How is the performance?
Thank you

·
Registered
18 Posts
Go with the LRD 440 Kit and just tell them to lower the compression on the piston and you can run pump gas on it, supposedly like 45Hp witht th full kit, pretty amazing, i suggest regear to a way lower gearing like a 15/41 and you will be flying

·
Registered
583 Posts
pump gas 440

With my mods the pumpgas 440 is real nice. I do need taller gears like at least a 15 front. Performance is getting there with just a little fine tune to FCR left.

·
Registered
109 Posts
zquad.. whats your pistons compression?? are you running 91 or 93oct

·
Registered
583 Posts
compression

It's stock compression (wiseco piston) & I try to run 92 always

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys
Tommy do you talk about the 440 kit advertised in dirt wheels ( the one priced at $579 with 12 hp gain?)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello quadnice
Which kit do you have?

·
Registered
69 Posts
The "Z" kit

Hi Mxracer,
You can run your "Z" with the gas pump but i suggest you to put the highest octane gas you can have at the pump. Currently the highest is at Petro-Canada they have 94 octane gas. It goes really well in the fastest and the best quad ever made the bid "Z".
Thanks

Mike

Don't forgot IT'S ALL ABOUT THE "Z"

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes im talking about the one from LRD in the Dirt Wheels magazine, I called the guy at LRD and he says that i have to send him my block and they bore with a computer and they guarantee all the work and the guy is saying that the system is very very reliable, it cost 120 extra to get the boring and that is the only way that he sells it so to the cost of the kit add 120 for the boring as well as the shipping both ways. I also saw that Trinity has a kit for $1,850 that has all the same stuff and a carb as well i just dont know why such a huge price difference with the two kits, I can bet though that the Trinity kit will only run well with race gas. not sure if anyone knows please post and advise

·
Registered
109 Posts
2weeks ago i called LRD and they gave me a price of 1330 for the 440 kit, that is the price for all the parts and you DON'T send your heads and jug you have to get your own machine work done.. and the real price is 1000, cuz the 330 is a core charge for the stock cams... but if you send in your head and jug its 2400

·
Registered
583 Posts
440 kits

I have Thumper racing kit, (about $450 gets you)- clutch kit, piston,rings, sleeve, gaskets, & dynojet kit. Got sleeving & mild port job done locally,
about $225. I chose pump gas setup to keep motor & starting system reliable. Look around FST, CT Racing, Thumper Racing, & GT Thunder are just a few of the many that build powerful, reliable kits.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So what is the price for the LRD kit ???
I'm confused two different answer!

·
Registered
583 Posts
440 kit

Thumper Racing #(903)938-0570
LRD kit prices are different cause you have core charge, thats usually refundable & choices to buy carb, exhaust, their labor

·
Registered
394 Posts
The LRD kit I have is the one advertised for $999. Its actually a total charge of $1330. What you get is a JE 12:1 Piston, the raw sleeve, a set of WEB cams (intake & exhaust) and a Comitec Gasket set with the base gasket of your choice, the DRZ for 13.5:1 or the stock Z gasket for 12:1. You'll get the $330 back after you send them your stock cams, and like someone already said, to bore and resleeve is between $100 and $150 at your local machine shop. Port work is optional, Butch at LRD said they are getting great results with a completely stock head with this kit. I actually did my port work myself, nothing serious, just some clean up, and port matching on both ends. This set up works great. You can gear it with a 38 rear and stock 14 front, and it pulls harder than it did stock. I switched mine back to stock gearing, and its an animal. The cheaper 440 kit prices are kits like above minus a set of cams.

Hope this helps you guys a bit...

·
Registered
18 Posts
treytoys

hey, have you gotten your bike dynoed? do you know your HP? and top speed? im really leaning toward buying the LRD 440 Kit. tell me all you can about it, i have 15/40 gearing on mine i have slightly lower ratio than you i have 2.66 you have 2.71 so you have more lower end, i have been gunned at 74mph tell me about yours so i know if i should spend the money and i have about 35hp right now

·
Registered
584 Posts
Does a manufacturer have a larger cylinder jug with oversized cooling jackets and a replaceable cylinder sleeve? With boring out a stock bore large enough to use a cylinder sleeve I would worry about reliability problems. The Yoshi kit is a little bit better in this regard but is more involved for installation.

Then again designing a casting, machining operation, and production might make the price a bit outrageous for non-racer, unsponsored, and non-silverspooned people. (not implying that we have any in here)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hello Treystoys
Do you have to run race gas with your kit?
What is the difference between the kit you have and the one at $579?
Thanks

·
Registered
394 Posts
Tommy..

My bike has never been on a Dyno, but I can tell you its a very noticeable difference...bottom end and top end. I'm actually at 2.85 final ratio...I have the stock gearing now. Top speed wise, I'm not sure, its rare that I click 5th gear where I ride, but I'm sure I would be able to hit the limiter in fith gear. With a little gearing change, I'm sure I could be in the mid to high 80s. I'd guess I'm pretty close to 50 hp...but thats a guess...I know that with the bike like it is now, I can beat piped/filtered/jetted Banshees, that was something I couldn't come close to doing stock in a drag race.

Sc0 I'm guessing your not too familiar with the 440 boring process...they actually bore the entire stock sleeve out...the new sleeve is then pressed into place, and finish honed to fit the new piston...this is alot more reliable and cheaper process than a reworked crank...ask around. Also the jug itself has nothing to do with the cooling capacity of the cylinder...they don't bore into the cooling area, only enough to fit the larger sleeve in. One last thing...I work for the US Postal Service...far from silver spooned ;o) More like "regular VISA user" :eek:)

MX I use C12(108 octane) in my bike, I wish I didn't have to, but I'm at or below sea level in most instances so even with 12:1 I'd have to run it to be safe. Looking at the advertisement, I'd say the kit your asking about is probably with out the cams...just the piston, sleeve and gasket set. Call Butch and talk to him...I've been talking with him since I first did the 440 and I ordered my CDI from him yesterday...he seems pretty cool, and has been helpful.

Later guys

·
Registered
18 Posts
Trey how much was the CDI and you got it from LRD? does it just raise the rev limitor? or anything else and exactly how much does it raise it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts