Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a Raptor around my neighborhood that is has a 770 Big Bore. I want to give him a run. Plus I want some more power. Where can I find a 500 Stroker Kit? Is there anything bigger? How should I go about this? Any help would be great, Any body have this out there? Has it been done? Where can I check on some parts? I think that it will be kick ass. Let me know.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
723 Posts
500 kits are prolly cutting it close on the water jackets along with the alcohol you may run the risk of overheating,but honestly i dont know were to get the stuff,but it would rip for sure just keep up good maintenence 770 is a hell of a bore to compete against but im rooting for you!!!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Just remember with stroker motors you run into reliablity issues!!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
anybody have HP numbers on both of those machines? i'd like to know how they compete HP wise

·
Registered
12 Posts
500 kits

Trinity racing is in the final stages of and finishes touches on a 500 kit. This kits is going to be crazy. You can contact them for futher information on the web www.trinityracing.com. If they dont have there site updated yet just the phone number off the site and give them a call for the hp numbers!

·
Registered
12 Posts
just thought of somthing

A few months ago DirtWheels the mag did a test on a Z-500 and they said i was crazy. They also said that the motor had know reliablity issues what so ever. If you need more info e-mail me!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Um, I remember hearing one thing that always seems to ring true in my ears. Don't believe everything you read, especially in mags. (not tryin to flame you Dudz, just sayin that it is DW we're talkin about here.) If we can go 500 with no reliability issues, then I am all for it, believe me. Right now, I'm leaning towards the 470 kit.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All the 500 kit is a 470 kit with a stroker crank pretty much. The reliability should be the same as a 470 kit. Which is good. It makes since to me

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
my only concern is due to waterjacket in the engine, how hot is it going to run..... I desert race here in arizona, where it get up past 120 degrees in the summertime, I have got to have something that will run cool....

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you get an aftermarket radiator and use a cooling additive and a inline cooler I think that you should be ok.

-Dave-

·
Registered
255 Posts
if you run on alcohol it will make you run alot cooler. i talked to a lot of people this weekend at the dunes running alcohol and they blew everything out of the water and they said that their fans hardly ever turn on. and they have had no problems with their motors. these were raptors and the new yfz-450 and a DS703 and ill tell you they were WICKED FAST. beat a lot of drag banshees.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Originally posted by llKnowlesll@Feb 18 2003, 07:17 PM
All the 500 kit is a 470 kit with a stroker crank pretty much. The reliability should be the same as a 470 kit. Which is good. It makes since to me
I haven't checked into displacements over 440 so I'm asking, is the 470 bored 94mm and also stroked 5mm? To get 470 without stroking, the bore would have to be between 97.5 and a 98mm. I haven't heard of anyone on here with that big of a bore, seems awful big to me.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i no that the 500 kits has some problems but they run very hard almost 2 hard

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
you can get the flodyne radiator sp? with another fan and those additives like water wetter and you should be good, maybe even a larger oil tank that might help a little.
l8er

1 - 15 of 15 Posts