Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to order a set of standard +2 a-arms ( either Houser or Ricky Stator) and I am having problems deciding wether or not to go with the +1" forward. I have read and heard mixed reviews on this. I love the way my Z handles stock but I am a big guy ( 265lbs.) and it tends to wheelie a ton out of corners. If the +1 forward makes enough difference without changing the handling at all I will go with them. Otherwise I will go with the +2.+0 arms. Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
um ask Zhvonte someone asked this before and he seemed to know alot about it either him or WP

·
Registered
278 Posts
+1 forward will change your handling a bit. the problem with wheelie-ing out of corners is rider position mainly. the mechanical solution to wheelie-ing is not to add more up front, but to add more in the back. ie-longer swingarm.

lean a little more forward when exiting a corner :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
the +1 forward arms will ride alot more stable straight and in whoops, but it will push more in cornering, if your not a hardcore mx racer, i wouldnt worry about it. i ran ricks +2/+3 arms on my Z and they were AWESOME dune/whoop arms, i run +0/+2's for mx

·
Registered
379 Posts
Never go + forward on a Z. It will push like crazy into turns. Ask surfer how much better he can turn now. I had +2, +1 arms and they pushed real bad. Surfer was the same. If you want to increase your wheelbase, get an extended swingarm. I am seventh in line for a new Lonestar frame and swingarm with +1 and I will let you know how that works out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I had ordered the +2,+1 a-arms before everybody started posting there replies. When I get the quad back together and I will let everyone know how it all works together. I decided on the Ricky Stator +2,+1 fwd. a-arms due to there great price and good track record for being tough (lot's of Ricky Statot a-arms used in desert and baja events). I also went with a LSR axle and Elka Piggy Back triple rates (comp. adj.) up front. I will stick it out with the stock back shock until I get more $$$ to work with.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I would say go with the +2 a-arms only dude.Denton racing makes a +2+1 A-arms also for the Z.But i like the +2 If your to wheelie happy then go to a +1.5 or + 2 swingarm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts