Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got to take my quad out yesterday for the 1st time realy sence i got it , anyways me and a buddy loaded up our quads ( mine is a 06 ltz400 , his is a 90ish banshee ) we raced a few time and he kept getting me from 1st all the way threw 5th , so we lined them up again and i took off in 2nd to keep my tires from spinning , got him every time after that in about an 8th mile run

kid pulls up on a rm125 dirt bike and tries to race and i got him everytime
kids dad jumps on same bike and tries to race me and got him every time , i know thats not to impressive but this was a nice bike , pro circut pipe , 30over , pretty sick bike realy for a 125 , it had a hard time keeping the front wheel on the ground

same kids dad had a lt250r 30over ( not sure if it had a pipe or not ) had to have had atleast 12inch wide tires on the back and i had him by 2 quad lengths the whole time

only quad that was putting a woopin on me was a trx450r

not bad seeing how my quads only got 70% meat on the tires a hmf slip on and k&n cone filter and k&n lid filter and im almost 100% sure im not even jetted ( was running a little warmer that i would have liked )

pretty fun day thow , only thing that broke was a .20cent battery conector on my quad and i trail fixed it to get me threw the day ,., we rode from about 4pm to about 9 pm and i didnt even burn threw a half a tank of gas , my buddy on the banshee thow burnt threw about 1 and a quarter tanks of gas thow , i love my Z lol

·
Super Moderator
3,363 Posts
Some of these race stories leave more questions than answers.. Like, why does a slower machine beat a faster one...Stuff happens though..
Important part is you had a blast.:D

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
yeah yesterday at busco we dragged race many quads, i was killing lt250r's and and honda 250r's and was killing craptors. this old dude pulls up on a bone stock ltz400 and always had me by at least a tire length. he was like 80 pounds lighter then me but i was like what the hell? o and he also had bald tires as i had brand new

·
Super Moderator
5,886 Posts
Just imagine how fast it could be with a full exhaust!

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
yeah yesterday at busco we dragged race many quads, i was killing lt250r's and and honda 250r's and was killing craptors. this old dude pulls up on a bone stock ltz400 and always had me by at least a tire length. he was like 80 pounds lighter then me but i was like what the hell? o and he also had bald tires as i had brand new
Lol. You being silly?

·
Administrator
12,447 Posts
you were killing Honda 250r's.................:lol
Musta been some big dudes on those quads..or they were bone stock.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
something must have been wrong with that banshee
running a hair on the rich side ,., and he was launching in 1st while i was launching in 2nd

lt250r was running rich as well because the guy said it just got rebuilt

im not saying my Z is faster or better than any of these quads , just stating that i actually put a woopin on them , could be rider could be machine , who knows

1 - 8 of 8 Posts