Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 Ltz and it was blowing out white smoke so we quit riding it. I didnt have time to mess with it so it sat for like a week and I tried to fire it up and it would crank but it wouldnt fire up. I checked the oil and it was very milky. Did I mess up by trying to fire it up? If i remove the plug and blow out whatever water could be in the head and then change the oil until the water is gone is possible that no damage is done and it could fire up? Or is it time for a top end rebuild or somthing else... suggestions please.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Defiantly change the oil Until its no longer milky. How long did you ride it blowing white smoke? Also how did you get water in the oil and head?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Do you smell gas in your oil? if not sounds like you may have a blown head gasket.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Defiantly change the oil Until its no longer milky. How long did you ride it blowing white smoke? Also how did you get water in the oil and head?
I'm not sure how long it was rode blowing smoke. As for the water my friend was riding at the time and he didnt take it through any deep holes maybe just a little puddle or so a foot deep. The water might of came from some deeper holes i went through but the oil was clean after that ride. So as for the water its a mystery. Im not even sure theres water in the head im going to take the plug out and crank it over in the morning to see.
Do you smell gas in your oil? if not sounds like you may have a blown head gasket.
I didnt smell any gas but then again I really didnt smell my oil I just drained it and put some fresh oil in. It got late so im going to finish flushing out the water tomorrow. Ill smell this oil when it comes out and see if I smell any gas.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Him inclined to agree with Hughesc99 on the blown Head gasket. Only because you didnt go through that much water and your oil is milky

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
could be blown base gasket as well.. Antifreeze leaking into engine oil.. Check your coolant level

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
My buddy had both a bad base gasket and cylinder head o-rings on his RM85.. The whole crank was covered in this paste like oil/gas/anti freeze mix..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Him inclined to agree with Hughesc99 on the blown Head gasket. Only because you didnt go through that much water and your oil is milky
Hmm I guess its time to invest in a repair manual... I could see this being the problem the oil tank was pretty darn full of the milky mix
could be blown base gasket as well.. Antifreeze leaking into engine oil.. Check your coolant level
Hmm i'm pretty sure the coolant level is fine but ill check again in the morning when i head to the garage.
My buddy had both a bad base gasket and cylinder head o-rings on his RM85.. The whole crank was covered in this paste like oil/gas/anti freeze mix..
Well i hope thats not the case with mine the less work and parts needed the better.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Check your gaskets as the others have mentioned, also check the clutch cover, and make sure it hasn't corroded to where coolant and oil are mixing. I'm not sure if 04's were effected by this problem.

·
Registered
433 Posts
^^^^^^ they shouldn't be.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
^^^^^^ they shouldn't be.
Yeah, finally had time to look that up. Thanks! Although, there still could be a problem with it or the gasket. Or the head/base gaskets.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How would I go about cycling oil thoughout my engine if it wont fire up? will cranking it a few times do the trick or what?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts