Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a 2nd sport quad has entered my small town, its a banshee!! Yesterday we went riding together and I was very surprised at how quiet it is, I think my Z is louder. Of course we raced, he beat me. This is how the race took place.

We both had a rolling start in 2nd gear on gravel. We looked at each other and both punched on it, I took off and hit 3rd, then fourth and I looked back, the banshee was getting dusted. So I let off on the throttle to see if something was wrong and then he started to gain on me, so I hammered on it again. I was in 5th topped out before he ended up passing me. If I didn't slack off in 4th gear I may have gave him a better race on top end. But he has 6 gears so I don't think I could beat him. Also I think if we were on pavement he would of caught me alot faster, he seems to spin alot. I also think, this being his first sport quad, that he wasn't driving it hard like I was on my Z.

We will race again once he has more time on his quad and next time we will be on pavement. I don't expect to beat him but its going to be fun. Oh and his friend is buying a 400ex next week or so. Then I can spank him up and down. There are going to be 3 sport quads in my small town !!! I would never of thought this day was going to come.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cool race! Yeah my banshee was very quite till I put on a set of pipes then it was loud. You should be able to take a stock banshee without any problems. But watch out if he gets a couple of mods, it doesn't take allot to wake up a 2 stroke.
Later

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How does a banshee compare to the Z when it comes to hill climbing and jumping, both stock? I think if I went up one tooth in the front I could beat him on top end, when he passed me he wasn't going all that much faster. Also the guys driving the banshee say its hard to wheelie, is that true? I think it spins to much on the sand and gravel to wheelie. It looks longer than my Z too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts