Suzuki Central Forum banner

A/P shot timing.

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Hughesc99 
#1 ·
FCR39. Does anyone know when the A/P should squirt the fuel in relation to the slide position? Does it shoot fuel when the slide is all the way up or should it shoot at about 1/4 throttle? I know it needs to clear the slide but I'm not too sure about slide position. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
dude man...research thumper talk. it is covered extensively. the AP shot needs to JUST miss the slide. you may need to do the oring mod or the BK mod depending on what style FCR you have. but get on thumpertalk.com or just google it and you will find most of the info you need with step by step know how. do you have a leak jet? if you do you may also need a smaller one or to plug it. FCRs take a lot of fondling to get them right. once you do though....it'll rip!

#3 ·
I know it needs to just miss the slide. I just don't know when it should squirt (at 1/4 throttle or WOT). I've done the o-ring/wire tie mod and it has a leak jet and I've looked at past threads. My question is more of when (in relation to the slide position) should the fuel squirt.

#4 ·
it should squirt almost as soon as you start to hit the throttle and just miss the slide. from what i found, you need to time it before you do the oring/wire tie mod. if after this it still has a bog, then you may need to plug the leak jet or get a smaller one.

#5 ·
So, for example, if it squirts the fuel once the slide reaches the top (at WOT), thats wrong. It needs to fire at about 1/4 throttle or so? I've got this thing working good, I'm now trying to fine tune it.

#6 ·
dont look at it as where the throttle position is....watch the slide. the fuel spray needs to just clear the slide....almost hitting it. dont worry about where the throttle/thumb is. concentrate on the fuel spray almost hitting but not hitting the slide and you will be golden.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.