Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has installed the AC Racing pro peg nerf bars that includes the heel guards, pegs, and nerf bars, and what they think of them compared to factory suzuki nerf bars, thanks!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
i got the pro pegs and love them but hate ac racing the messed up alot on the early models of their pro pegs (the one i got) but after all the extra little work and problems with them i got them installed and love to death. probly won't by another ac racing product through

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I have them and there awesome and overall they went on pretty good.

A

·
0 Posts
Just did the install of AC Racing pro peg nerf bars on AN '03 KFX400. Install was easy, easy...... everything lined up perfectly. You will need a drill to drill two holes by the way. I opted NOT to go with the heel guards as they look terrible. The Pro Peg nerfs are very nice and other brands are not as nice in my opinion. I also installed PRM bottom and swingarm plates and they installed along with the AC nerfs without a problem. Can tell you the PRM skids are the way to go! Solid as a rock, well made... sturdy! The skids installed easily and all also lined up perfectly. Did need a breaker bar hooked to a hex to break loose the fasteners holding on the stock plastic skid on.
Bill in NY ps. Buy from ATV Addiction for BEST price and service!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
i had a problem with the hardware that was included. it seemed to me that there weren't enough bolts and nuts with the kit. don't drill holes in the foot pegs like they said. they hold up enough with out them. i love the look and have had to use them a few times. they kick a$$!! go for them, you won't be disappointed. the other ones look like poop :homer

A

·
0 Posts
Not sure what happened with your set but the set I installed the other day had all the bolts, etc.. AC has come a long way recently in quality of fit, etc..
About drilling the holes in the foot pegs.... I have installed a few of these AC Racing Pro Peg Nerf Bars. Can tell you the bolt in each foot peg is easy to do AND does give added support and less play in the nerfs. You may not notice it the day of the install BUT in time you will. Only takes a moment to install the foot peg bolts and I recommend doing so.
Also, IF you opt not to go with the heal guards you really MUST in my opinion fashion support brackets for the rear fenders. You can buy pre-made brackets on say eBay or do as I did and cut the stock fender brackets. Takes two easy hack saw cuts on each bracket. To dress up the cut ends that show you might do as I did and epoxy to nice looking bolt heads in the holes and then paint those bolt ends. I opted not to repaint the whole bracket as the factory paint is more durable and the black bracket (stock) looks aok. Anyway, risky not supporting the back fenders. You will notice on the right inner rear fender that Kawasaki even placed reflective stick on metal shielding between the plastic fender and the muffler. Without rear fender supports you risk fender cracks, annoying flapping of the fenders along with fire/melt hazard when that fender makes contact with the muffler. Again 2 simple hacksaw cuts on each stock bracket, file down the edges, dress it like you want and a little paint and you have very nice looking brackets. IF you ever want stock brackets back you can weld the cuts back together or go to eBay where new brackets can be had for a few (very few) dollars. Bill in NY

·
Registered
296 Posts
I just put mine on this past weekend. The instructions looked like they were printed from a carbon copy and they sent extra bolts for some areas and not enough for others. Keep an eye out if your drilling through the footpeg. My instruction called out a much larger hole to be drilled than the actual bolt supplied. Not sure if the instructions or the bolts were jacked. I had to go to the hardware to finish the job right.

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
just get pro armor instead, the heel guard and nerfbars one piece and it bolt on without having to drill any new holes....

·
Registered
583 Posts
AC Propegs

Took 2 people to align support bar through frame.
Heel guards leave little room for your heels, I just bent guards out, now they are fine after months of use, now I hardly notice how close they are

·
Registered
81 Posts
we had some trouble getting mine on as well, the support bar is rough to get on....and if you use the guards, they don't leave much room for your heals...I will probably go with something else next time

·
Registered
55 Posts
I also have the AC pro pegs on my Z400. They rock :rockon . i also had a problem with the hard ware they gave me. there was deffinatly not all the nuts and bolts. some werent included and some werent the right lengths. i finally found some bolts that worked. it was well worth the time looking for the extra hardware i love em. they have saved my feet from falling off the pegs numerous of times jmping. if u dont have some and are looking on getting them GET THEM!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Love mine! AC sent me two hardware packages by mistake and it STILL didn't have the little metric nuts to attach to the metric bolts. Try finding those at Home Depot. :evil:

Did you guys wrap your oil lines with inner tube like the directions said?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes i wrapped mine but with different stuff. i used some foam off of my old arrior handlebar crosspad for better protection. with a litte trim it fit perfect.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts