Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i keep reading all these threads that say you should adjust the air mix screw. so where is it, and do you have to undo the intakes (box to carb and carb to head) to adjust it. also, does it make that much of a difference? mine seems to run fine, but if this helps to get a little more power like everyone says, than i want to adjust mine. any info would be great!!
:ak47

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
everyone talks about this, why can't anyone answer?? i think that there is no air mixture screw... what do you think about that??? :D :ak47

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
BECAUSE..........

If you know that everyone talks about it, then you should be able to do a search for your answer.

Does your mom still make your bed and wash your clothes too?

It is in front of your carb bowl under the black rubber plug.

later

·
Registered
970 Posts
It's on the bottom of the carb. motor side. You will either have a blackor brass plug blocking it. Best way to adjust it is loosen the carb from the boots and pop is out. Turn it sideways and start adjusting.

·
Registered
582 Posts
The best way to adjust it, buy a 90 degree driver, while the quad is running adjust it out till its start to stumble, turn it in one half to a full turn for winter riding. When the temps start hitting upper 40's-50's turn the screw in as it starts to stumble, then out one turn. This is exact tuning for your quad.

Suzuki sells one for $30, a must for tuning without removing the carb.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
The best way to adjust it, buy a 90 degree driver,  
(snip)
Suzuki sells one for $30, a must for tuning without removing the carb.[/b]
or get one from sears for $5 :wink:

Where's that video? :wtf

·
Registered
582 Posts
LOL, sent ya a private message! long ago. Gimme an addy and I will send you the section of video where we were jumping. Unless you have a highspeed connection and we can hook up thu msn or a site I can post too...

or get one from sears for $5  :wink:  [/b]
Tried that, couldnt get it to fit right, and those cheap spring drivers from advanced are junk also...

·
Registered
582 Posts

Thats the $120.00 version. The cheaper model has a tube instead of gears also with a rotating handle. One turn of the handle represents one complete turn of the bit. 30 seconds of adjustment and your riding again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts