Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted better intake airflow but didn't want to have to go around every tiny puddle on the trail. I ended up cutting the lid above the water baffle and removing the snorkel end cap. Any incoming water still hits the back of the airbox and runs out the bottom instead of drenching the filter. There is also a 150 main jet and an FMF Ti4 slip on installed. The end result is great, the bike is much quicker revving and feels stronger compared to the sedated stock setup. I still need to grab an adjustable needle and fine tune a bit.

·
Registered
839 Posts
If your carb is jetted right you will notice a nice difference with the hole in the lid.

Another option would be to buy a pro design pro-flow and install it to your airbox. You can then use a 400ex air boot and a clamp on style air filter either K& N or a foam UNI.

There are also a few options for the airbox lid. 1) no airbox lid and use a Outerwear on the filter. 2) buy a EHS Racing lid that is a modified stock lid with a outerwear on it. 3) You can use a K&N power lid (with outerwear on top).

·
Registered
43 Posts
im not sure. I've never looked into the BST at all. I use a motion pro FCR fuel screw tool. its a short stubby flat head screwdriver that fits under the carb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts