Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The next thing I might get for my Z is an air filter...I was thinking of getting from Alba the air filter with outwears and adapter plate...All of it is $90...Should I get it from them or another parts place? Does it come with the jets?

·
Registered
320 Posts
just get the stage 2 kit from trinity, its fast and reasonable priced for what it is
ac

·
Registered
723 Posts
i ordered that with my trinity pipe,i think it is produced by the same place that sells them to alba

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I were to get the Stage II kit, that would be all the money I have in my bank account...LOL...Im just looking to get the filter for right now...If my parents hit the lotto then maybe I could get that...

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'd reccomend the Pro-Design Pro-Flow from Rocky Mountain ATV or Magic Racing. The Pro-Flow is threaded so there are no bolts to get in your way while installing/ removing the air filter. The Alba one is also good, but I just like the Pro-Design better. Which ever way you go, you'll like it way more than stock.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
kit does not come with jets Z400, you have to buy the jets from alba seperately, but they are cheap. the K&N will allow more airflow than all the other filters, but it may not be the best for your riding conditions(mud, dust, water, etc.)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you suggest a foam filter then? I ride it all...Mud, dirt, sand, water, snow...

·
Registered
118 Posts
I make and sell one on my web site, www.nossmachine.com/suzuki.htm
With my design, you don't have to cut the plastic flange off of the airbox and can itstall it without removing the airbox.

·
Registered
773 Posts
thats a nice looking piece, dlnoss. but why would you have to cut the flange?

it was a real PIA to take the airbox off for 2 minutes to set the adapter on.

·
Registered
773 Posts
now that i look at it, i see your adapter has a little area cut out to accept the older flange, i imagine that makes for a tighter fit.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The Noss adaptor is an awesome design, I got mine today and I am extremely happy w the quality. Thank you Dave

·
Registered
118 Posts
I was told by someone that a flange made by someone else required that the plastic flange to be cut off. I install them with the airbox in place. You can drill the holes with a small 90 degree drill or push a red hot nail through the flange holes to punch the holes in the plastic. I didn't want people to have to remove the airbox to install the flange. It's not that difficult to get off but it's a [email protected]@@ to get back on. I also remove the screen in the throat which act like a restrictor plate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts