Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read with some aftermarket clutch kits you don't reuse the judder spring and to read the instruction to see if you use it or not. The Alba/Artrax kit comes without instructions and their closed on Sat & Sunday. So I'm looking for help if anyone knows the answer. This is for an 07 Suzuki z400. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
I'd put everything in just the way it came out. Hopefully you got the kit for 05-up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I did get the 05 & up. I'm waiting on a reply from Alba racing. My Suzuki dealer said if there is no instruction he feels you would keep the judder spring in but he could not say for sure because he has no experience with the Alba/ Artrax clutch. It's what I get for trying to save money or the lack of having enough money to buy a well known brand. Thanks again so much for your input.

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
I think there's a few guys on here with the alba clutch, no problems that I've heard of. I'd keep everything in there, unless there's specific instruction to remove it, which there isn't. You should be fine. I'm not sure if Alba is open tomorrow, or if they're off monday also.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did get with Alba and they said you don't run the judder spring with the Artrax clutch kit. I don't understand a product not having instructions. The way to tell is by the friction plate thickness if their all the same you don't use the judder spring if the kit has I think 2 thinner plates in the set you reuse the judder spring. If it has the thinner plates they will be the first and last plate installed with the thicker plates in between.

·
Super Moderator
3,533 Posts
Thanks, that's good info..

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Maybe this will help to?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got it installed today it seems to work great. I was only able to take a short ride on the road and take it slow due to having my gall bladder removed this past Monday. I couldn't wait another week or two now where are my pain pills.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies! I will post later how well the clutch holds up the full set with new springs was 59.00 bucks. If it holds up well it will be money well spent.

·
Registered
308 Posts
hate to jump up an old thread, but what is that judder spring i see ppl talking about?

and also- if i have just 1 insdead to 2 washers in the pic,( #12/#13) , it can couse slipping due to the not enough pressure there.
if i remember right after i got my quad i replaced the clutch, and there was only 1 washer there, maby that the reason for all my clutch problem....

·
Super Moderator
3,533 Posts
# 12 is the wave washer/ judder spring.

·
Registered
308 Posts
washer=judder?
its needed?
if i had only 1 of them , it can effect the clamping force ?

·
Super Moderator
3,533 Posts
What year is your quad? The 03/04's had a different setup than 05/08. The 03's had less discs and no wave washer. Check out the OEM parts fiche for both years on RMATV or similar sites. If you have an 05+ without a spring, I believe it would affect your clamping force.

Reactions: piki

·
Registered
308 Posts
mine is 07 , thx for ur reply , exactly the help i was needed, i ordered it, ty...

Reactions: amcf18

·
Registered
308 Posts
How can the 03 have less friction plate , and no washers ,and still have enough clamping force?
is it the same hub and basket as 05+ ?

·
Administrator
7,887 Posts
How can the 03 have less friction plate , and no washers ,and still have enough clamping force?
is it the same hub and basket as 05+ ?
The 05 clutch is different parts, designed to hold a couple more plates. I was really happy when they did that, because it's difficult to get the 03/04 clutch to handle the torque of a big engine build. The later design makes it much easier and more reliable with a bigger engine.

·
Registered
308 Posts
is there is any way to know if mine was/is 03 or not?
i remember when i changed my clutch i had no washers(like an o3), and i didnt count the number of plates when i replaced them,
i think that my problems started after i replace the clutch fibes and plates.
my quad in paper is 07 , but previous owner didnt took care of the quad ,it had greean stator(drz?) with some weird ass cdi unit, it also had a weird had (with bigger plug), so i cant trsut the paper with 07 on it....

memory from the past... ):

·
Administrator
7,887 Posts
is there is any way to know if mine was/is 03 or not?
i remember when i changed my clutch i had no washers(like an o3), and i didnt count the number of plates when i replaced them,
i think that my problems started after i replace the clutch fibes and plates.
my quad in paper is 07 , but previous owner didnt took care of the quad ,it had greean stator(drz?) with some weird ass cdi unit, it also had a weird had (with bigger plug), so i cant trsut the paper with 07 on it....

memory from the past... ):

Is your pressure plate smooth like this? This is from the newer style clutch.

·
Registered
308 Posts
how does the old one looks?
im waiting for clutch kit to arrive , as soon it will , i will open side to know how it looks atm..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts