Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With pipe, cams, piston, and porting...stock bore/stroke to. hmm...thats what around what, 50+ HP or so? I wanna say that this is true, mainly because they have dynos and test it all...but then again, its hard to get 50+ hp outta it...if WP was having a hard time getting 50+ with stock carb with the 440...hmm....ill give them a call today and speak to them about it. oh, the price is $1k minus pipe.

·
Registered
593 Posts
i would be interested to see what you find out when you call, cuz i have to call BS on that one. i would think you have to bore it to achieve 50 + HP. let me know please.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Wow. Impressive. Is porting making where the valves open and close larger?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Porting is when you open up the channels in which the exhaust and intake flow into and out of the head. The stock valves are pretty good.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
how much HP does yours have WP?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Alba is totally truthfull, sorta. They don't say where in the RPM range this 20+ hp is created they just say it makes that much more. Look at the Z stock, 9000 rpm like 14 hp, crappy. Alba does their magic, now you got 35 hp at 9000 rpm. This is how they can say 20+ hp but in actualality they only offer a peak gain of say 10 hp. Don't let their advertising fool you, all the big companies do this, its how they get suckers to buy their products. Not calling anyone a sucker by the way.

·
Registered
49,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alba is totally truthfull, sorta.  They don't say where in the RPM range this 20+ hp is created they just say it makes that much more.  Look at the Z stock, 9000 rpm like 14 hp, crappy.  Alba does their magic, now you got 35 hp at 9000 rpm.  This is how they can say 20+ hp but in actualality they only offer a peak gain of say 10 hp.  Don't let their advertising fool you, all the big companies do this, its how they get suckers to buy their products.  Not calling anyone a sucker by the way.[/b]
yup thats correct! i believe i recall WP saying he got 30hp gain in some part of the rev range from stock....

G

·
Seems to me that having a big bore kit would only help all the more. Having a bigger bore gives you much better torque coming out of the turns.

·
Registered
195 Posts
...There is no replacement for displacement! 8O

·
Registered
379 Posts
At 9,000 rpm I gained 30hp and at 9,100 rpm I gained 47hp.

G

·
At 9,000 rpm I gained 30hp and at 9,100 rpm I gained 47hp.[/b]
WP....I got a couple calculators for quads and I wanna make one for the Z. What RPM range would you say the Z makes most of its power....I mean just before it peaks off. And where does she tach out at?

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
I may be mistaken, I heard there are two company now the whom achieved the 50hp mark. One is the trinity 440b and the other is FST 500cc kit, both having 12.5:1?? compression.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have it set to 10,000 and the setup for mx. It has tons of bottom and carries hard to 9500 or so.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Really, it is only good for coming out of turns?

Seems to me that having a big bore kit would only help all the more. Having a bigger bore gives you much better torque coming out of the turns.[/b]
Seems like a lot of work and money to just make it "turn better"...

what, you did not mean it that way...sorry, too late.

Just paying ye back, brother.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts