Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking in Dirtwheels at the Alba add when I seen they had a Z400 Motor Kit. It comes with a head port job, high-compression piston, cams, and all the gaskets needed. I was wondering if anybody has heard anything about this or has seen the add. I will let you know what I find out as soon as I get through to the parts department at Alba.

llknowlesll

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
is that piston the stock size? I'd rather get a kit with a bigger piston

·
Registered
239 Posts
yeah, it's stock bore, just boosts compression

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is the stock piston size. It is a high compression piston. I called them and they said they are working on a 440 big bore kit and a 500 big bore right now. The reason they like this kit is because they don't want to get rid of the coating on the sleve. They do a head porting job that offers about six horsepower. It comes with a set of cams. All together with the piston, head work, and cams you get 20+ horsepower. I might be interested in that.

llknowlesll

·
Registered
254 Posts
THEY WILL BE DOING MY BIKE AS SOON AS WE FIGURE EXACTLY WHAT WE ARE GONNA DO.BEEN WORKING WITH THEM FOR A WHILE NOW..IM HOPING TO HAVE IT DONE BY MID JAN.........

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me know when you figure out what you are gonna do with it. I am wanting to do something but not sure exactly what yet. Let me know how it turns out.

llknowlesll

·
Registered
197 Posts
I cant wait to hear more about this set up. I have been wondering about head porting for a while now. sounds like a good setup to me, I just want to see some dyno numbers. gotta be an educated consumer ya know.

jakhammer

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
how much is that first kit you mentioned installed?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts