Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out the Alba website and seeing what they got for the Z400. My quad is totally stock right now, got it back in july. I was thinking about that kit alba sells..... k&n filter, adapter, and outerwear for 88.95. Is that a good choice to go with and is the price right? I have no idea when it comes to quad parts/accessories.....first quad i owned and i'm loving it.

I'm thinking about doing that and then you undecided next step would be full kit exhaust. One other thing i was checking out is the sprockets...whats stock on the quad, and if i went like 13-41 how much of a difference would the acceleration and top speed be?

Any good quad links for parts/accessories on the z greatly appreciated!
Thanks alot!!
8)

·
Registered
278 Posts
well personally i always think its best to get the pipe/filter/jet kit all at once. that way you pretty much just have to jet it that one time. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok... where can i buy/find info about a jet kit, i haven't seen any yet on the links i have? i'm not familiar with jet kits, but i do know someone who will do it if i get stuck.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Dynojet sells jet kits. That is what i have seen most people go with. Go to www.dynojet.com

·
Registered
22 Posts
13/41

13/41 sprocket set up will give you a tremendous bottom end and you will loose a good bit of your top end. if you plan to ride the woods or a tight mx
track this set up would be good. but for long straight runs the stock 14/40
is the ticket...hope this helps...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the link and all the help guys!

Is $389 a good price for a full system Yoshi pipe "pro"? im thinking about getting that one for my z.

·
Registered
107 Posts
That sounds like a slip on price to me, so read the fine print. I just bought a Yosh pipe and Pro flow filter kit from Magicracing.com

They seem to be the cheapest for the full system @ $444.95

·
Registered
67 Posts
i got all mine awhile ago. i guess i was desperate cuz i didnt buy it in the kit. i gree with batgeek_kfx400. it recomends to run a jet kit, but i didnt run one yet. I have the kandn and my welds grinded out in myheadpipe. im gonna get there new slip on for the z before i rejet.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I would say to buy a K&N powerpack but they quit selling them just recently.

Go to http://www.atvsportsplus.com fro good deals on Yoshis.
I got my Comp system for $400 w/free shipping and TEC inserts for $28. The Pro system is $675 or $625, can't remember exactly. That would be the best place to get one.

·
Registered
848 Posts
i buy a lot of things from rockymounatainatv

i got the full yoshi pipe from rocky mountain and it was 436 delivered

you dont really need the jet kit but I bought it anyways for the needle, but you can buy all the jets individually for 2.50 instead of getting all those useless ones in the kit

i dont really recomend Alba - I ordered a 13t sprocket and outerwears for k&n from Alba cause rocky mountain was sold out, I called to make sure the parts were in stock before I ordered and they said they were. so i placed my order..... that was 2 weeks ago and my parts still arent here

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Before you buy the filter with adapter from alba, check ebay, you might find yourself a deal there. I bought mine from alba back in the day. I don't have a pipe and I don't have it jetted either but my airbox is of course still stock. With just the filter upgrade, it will go to the rev limiter in fifth. I bought it just cause I HATE foam filter cleaning. If you wanna real good upgrade, save up s'more cash and get yourself some real shocks, front and rear. That will make you faster than anything (on the track). If you're a trail rider and don't jump much, go for the power upgrades. I'm poor, so I just have to deal with what I gots. Poor poor me. I love my Z.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts