Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a weird issue. While doing my alignment with the string method I noticed my front left tire is just about even with the left rear and my right front is about 2 inches more narrow than the right rear. If I measure from the middle of the front of the frame to the middle of each front tire I get the same measurement. The axle does not seem bent. I’m not sure if I’m missing something here. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
3,567 Posts
First you have to figure out if the fronts are equal. It;s possible someone put a longer a -arm on one side.
Some rear axles can be adjusted with spacers to make them wider. Could be they have one side spaced further out.
Check for bent or twisted frame as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First you have to figure out if the fronts are equal. It;s possible someone put a longer a -arm on one side.
Some rear axles can be adjusted with spacers to make them wider. Could be they have one side spaced further out.
Check for bent or twisted frame as well.
Thanks for your reply. Yes the fronts are even. It’s a stock axle snd not spaced out. I’m not seeing anything tweaked in the frame. Is it possible they are built that way from the factory?

·
Super Moderator
3,567 Posts
Is it possible they are built that way from the factory?
I don't think so. Are the back wheels the same? No spacer on one of the axles?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think so. Are the back wheels the same? No spacer on one of the axles?
I’ll double check the measurement of the back. Both back wheels are the same with the same offset. I don’t see a spacer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts