Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gday people i've got an rm 250 that im having trouble with .its a nice old bike if you wanna have a look at it go to looking over hell on youtube is a restoration video on it there to give you an idea what your dealing with. now i've ridden the bike for a year or so and it started doing this gets hot and stops thing to me in the middle of nomansland so far ive replaced the crank , piston and rings, fresh gaskets twice as i pulled the barrel to have a look at the power valves barrel ,piston ect because i did put it upside down thinking i may have too much oil in the crankcase or fuel as i had black oil on the spark plug after the upside down trick and the screw that holds the power valves down had worked its way free or i forgot to tighten it , new crank seals, new cdi unit, new coil ,new old stock stator ,it was starting then would die after 2 seconds after about 20 kicks ,its getting fuel and has lots of spark, now the only thing that i have not replaced is the reeds and carby kit as its been a good starter since i've had it and it moves out when its going,the only thing i done was tryed to baby it a little bit after the rebuild to let it all get a bit of time on the new parts before thrashing it and that's when it stopped wile going down a steep hill in first im talking mount versuvius steep im in tasi ,, ' drained the fuel and just put a fresh mix in today ,plugs wet after giving it a half a dozen pumps to make sure its getting juice , any ideas carby it set to how it should be ,, is there something im missing it does a backfire only sometimes

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a rm125 do that turns out the rings were stuck causing low compression. Started first kick after rebuild then unfortunately for me it locked up due to shrapnel in the case from the previous owner detonating the piston.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a rm125 do that turns out the rings were stuck causing low compression. Started first kick after rebuild then unfortunately for me it locked up due to shrapnel in the case from the previous owner detonating the piston.
[
i just took the barrel off to have a look after putting it upside down to drain the crank case and the rings were ok i've only give it 10 -15 kicks since i done that ,im looking more towards timing or carby and maybe reeds did change the waterpump seal too as it failed and filled the box so i mite just pull it and have a gander in the box , its funny it was starting then stopping after about 2 or 3 seconds after i changed cdi coil ect before it was doing the gets hot n stops so i changed the cranks seals as id heard they do the gets hot n stops thing with bad seals , i think im gunna have to have a good look when i get over this rona virus bloody thing ,, cheers mate

·
Administrator
3,876 Posts
Those pesky o rings, lol. Glad you found it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts