Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my first post here so thanks thanks for having me! 馃榿

So, I bought a LTZ400 that鈥檚 been sat a while, I鈥檝e got it all sorted and went to go for my first ride on it, started and idled fine but when riding it splutters towards 1/2 -3/4 throttle, I鈥檝e already cleaned the carb and changed the spark plug, I was ASSUMING it had ran well previous to me buying it (The guy I got it from bought it at auction).. so after cleaning the carb and plug and still not better I鈥檓 going to stop assuming 馃槄 and look at the jetting NOW..

It had a stock mikuni carb, full FMF with powerbomb header, K&N filter with lid removed, my elevation is sea level (well +30feet) and it currently has a 140main jet, I鈥檝e looked at the jetting charts and I鈥檇 guess (didn鈥檛 see any with same elevation) I should be around 155-160main jet?? Can anyone confirm or give any suggestion? And would this be far enough out (with a 140) to cause the bad spluttering on 1/2 throttle upwards?

Thanks for any help!

Super Moderator
Yes, put a 155 main in it. 140 is too small.

Super Moderator
Yes, 155 mikuni or 160 DJ, for sure..

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I had a 150main laying about from my predator so I temporary put that in and it鈥檚 much much better but not quite their size yeah I guess the previous owner didn鈥檛 jet it 馃う馃徏 I鈥檝e ordered a 155/160/165/170 so should be all good, I鈥檝e ready on here somewhere to raise the stock needle I can just put the little needle spacer on the other side, is this right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts