Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around and everyone says something different. Whcih carbs are you all running and what sizes and brand are they? I've been looking at Edlebrock which sounds good but others ay not to get it. What do you all say?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Carb input

The FCR40MM works real good for my 440 kit using stock compression.
Yosh full system, & cams i'm running. 40 is the newest size by Keihin they say it's got better performance than the 39 & 41. Extremely happy with mine

·
Registered
227 Posts
The FCR would be real hard to beat. They take some time to set up because they are complex carbs, but they are the best four stroke carbs available.

·
Registered
197 Posts
personally I am looking for something easy to tune and work on. That makes the Edelbrock a perfect choice. It also adds power over stock, but I dont know how it compares to the others. Like I said, its not so much the performance, its the easy of use I want.

jakhammer

·
Registered
227 Posts
Consider putting a Dynojet kit in your stock carb, before blowing a wad of cash on the Edelbrock. It is the best $60 you can spend on your bike. Take what you have left over, and put a pipe on it. That should give you about 6-7 more HP. And you would still have a few bucks left. I have used Edelbrocks before, and was not very happy with the gains.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hey Zquad...where did you get the fcr40mm from, and what kind of price? I'm in the market for one right now...well, I thought I was shopping for the 41mm. I am running 13.5:1 compression, I doubt the 1mm would hurt either way. Thanks for any info...oh, you may or may not know, or care, but four stroke tech sells dual valve springs with titanium retainers for the Z motor. I ordered a set today...getting it prepped to rev another 1000 or so rpms with the dyna cdi when it becomes available. The springs and retainers were $155 shipped.

Later

·
Registered
583 Posts
FCR 40MM

Got carb from www.GTThunder.com $550. You can get it a little cheaper elsewhere, but you'll have to come up with your own cable & air intake adapter. If you get carb just turn airmix screw out 2 1/2 turns as a start point.
They are TRICKY but it beats having that hesitation stockers have going over the rough stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts