Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got around to doing my first oils change on the Z today. The drain plugs are easy to get at the element is simple to change, but in it a royal pain getting oil back in the beast. If you try to use a normal funnel you will get oil everywhere but inside the engine! So I ran a clear plastic hose through the" air hole " on the fender into the oil box and just stuck a funnel down in the hose. Poured 2 quarts of oil and didn't spill a drop. I knew I learned something valuable in High school! i hope this somebody out!

·
Registered
48 Posts
We must have got up to the same w00ter at school
: i did exactly the same thing when i changed my oil a few weeks back makes things a lot easier.

·
Registered
5 Posts
oil

Did the same aswell, but if your stuck on the trails the radatior gaurds are easy to remove without tools. It's then easy to fill :rockon the tank up with oil. :rockon

·
Registered
278 Posts
did someone say bong???

please pass to the right :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
thats a good idea, I just went and bought a clear hose yesterday for changing my oil. Without it, it is a pain in the butt to pour the oil back in.

·
Registered
87 Posts
oil change

but remember to only add the right amount of oil or this might happen................

hehehehehehehe

Railmen.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Exhales and passes it around. 8)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dont you pass to the left? Well, anyway......
The beer funnel is great for putting oil back in. In a pinch you can get it back in using the top of a gear oil bottle.
Ken

1 - 10 of 10 Posts