Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
wow, that is a good speed for that quad!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
dude theyr all lying to you it only tops out at 46 =/

·
Registered
124 Posts
riding next to my buddy, he's on a drz400 with digital speedo, in 5th gear at a little more then half throttle we were doing 62 mph so i think 70 is doable..... next time we go out i will check and see what is the top speed for my quad

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
ok ok i just checked out my referances, i was wrong guys, let me apologize, its really fourty nine :evilgrin :evilgrin :evilgrin :evilgrin so fast o so fast!

·
Registered
344 Posts
dude you have one slow quad my sons 80 will do in the forties ,

·
Registered
694 Posts
i done 76mph on mine

·
Registered
612 Posts
Mine is not stock, but it will do 67 mph on sand with my skat-trak 8 paddle "edges" running 14/41 tooth gears. I weigh 185 pounds. When I only had a pipe and k&n, I hit 72 mph on a gravel road.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Originally posted by shagy@Apr 6 2004, 11:20 PM
ok ok i just checked out my referances, i was wrong guys, let me apologize, its really fourty nine :evilgrin :evilgrin :evilgrin :evilgrin so fast o so fast!
Shagy are you sure you're riding a suzuki Z400 and not a honda :poke:

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
im joking people. didnt put enough of these
:) 8) :D :evilgrin ;) :thumbsup: =D :schweet:

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Originally posted by shagy@Apr 7 2004, 08:53 AM
im joking people. didnt put enough of these
:) 8) :D :evilgrin ;) :thumbsup: =D :schweet:
All this time I thought he was talking about that Ford Ranger in his signature.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
haha, no

·
Registered
255 Posts
i hit 85 with my set up with 15/40 gears and 18" klaws out back, now that im building a methonal motor for my quad and im gonna be usin 22" haulers i hope to hit maybe 100???? that would be pretty sick huh but yea just waitin on getting me a new motor and runnin methonal

·
Registered
0 Posts
also that earthlink thing doesn' ake ino accun dddrg and the fact that if you re on dit etc. you woul 'slip' on the dirt or sand etc.
I don't know about the road but there would probabily be a little slippage
later

·
Registered
890 Posts
The earth link site is a chart that gives you what it should do with that gearing and tires... Mine will do 150 mph uphill through a foot of mud with slick tires... Oh yeah, my other name is Ozzie Osborn... Your machines will perform different on different days... what is the difference on "How fast will it go". tomorrow it might be slower or faster... you never know... ask the drag racers... MMM :poke:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts