Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I have a bunch of decals I want to put on the Z. Is there any trick to making them stay on longer? I put one on and it's already peeling. That was only a month ago. Should I polish over them after I apply them? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
1. Clean the area with some rubbing alcohol and lint free towels. If you can get those alcohol wipes even better. Don't let there be any wax or polish in the area your applying it to.
2. If its a little cold when your applying the decals make sure the plastic is nice and warm. Applying to a warm surface promotes adhesion.
3. Take your time and if possible use a squeegee/straight edge of some kind to get every bubble possible out.

If you finish and you still have a bubble somewhere in the middle take a needle and pop the air pocket then flatten the bubble. Get as much surface to surface as possible. You could go over it with a clear coat acrylic spray but I would try it on the inner fender before I sprayed it on anything else first. You can buy that in any Walmart in the spray paint section..But like i said try it on an inner fender first.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
also if it is a big sticker or graphics kit i would spray the sticker with windex or water with very little soap you might find this stupid but it works getting the air bubles out and you can move the stickers around it helps move them dont be afraid to spray the thing put a lot on then you can move match it with the other side, this is what they do when they put stripes on your car

·
Registered
281 Posts
Stay away from something with ammonia in it, the ammonia can cause it to get those liitle bubbles in it. Just like those bad tint jobs you see on cars.

·
Registered
540 Posts
yea i used to work for john deere and put decals on their equipment at the factory, If u take alchohol, and mix it with about 10-20% water it seems to work well... just be sure to let everything dry before you ride. or you'll be sadly dissapointed when your decals have moved.

·
Registered
23 Posts
also if it is a big sticker or graphics kit i would spray the sticker with windex or water with very little soap you might find this stupid but it works getting the air bubles out and you can move the stickers around it helps move them dont be afraid to spray the thing put a lot on then you can move match it with the other side, this is what they do when they put stripes on your car[/b]
Thank you, thats what I was going to say, Thats what I do when I put decals on my truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts