Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody on here have a artic cat 400 automatic 4x4? My dad might get one and i was just wondering what everyone has to say about there dependability.

·
Registered
717 Posts
my father has the 500 it is awesome I call it the Tractor we were riding with a 700 Sportman and the Artic cat went through a big much hole and the sportman when through after and the sporstman got stuck had to use his winch.
On the way back through both got stuck but the ARtic cat made it alot farther before it had to use its winch.

Its also very fun to play around on you can do donuts and fish tails and all that and it doesnt even start to tip. It has a top speed of around 50 miles an hour according to the speedo.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I don't personally have one, but a friend does and I must say, it's a very good quad. We have rode it pretty hard and noting is wrong with it. The controls are very easy to use.

You pops won't go wrong with the AC 400.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does your friend have the automatic?

·
Registered
717 Posts
My dad has the Automatic but again it is a 500. The automatic works well if you put the throttle to the bar it will sit there for about 3 or 4 seconds just roosting. THe thing will throw gravel up about 3 or 4 feet. :D

They are extremley tough they are sold under the Massey Ferguson (tractor manufacturer) in Europe

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im glad to hear they have power.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I really have been impressed with the Cats. They are a well made, heavy duty, under rated utility quad. The 400 auto will have the 375 motor in it the same as the Suzuki Eiger, it is an air / oil cooled engine. The auto belt drive differes from the Polaris belt drive. The belt stays engaged all the time on the Cat, drive is engaged by a wet cetrifical clutch just like on a manual tranny. This keeps belt wear down to a minimum since the clutches are not slipping on the belt all the time. All cats use the same body plastic so it keeps stocking space and $$ down for dealers. They have a great ridesince it will have either full 4 wheel independent suspension or semi independent rear suspension. The only down side to the Cats are that they are heavy and not sporty, they are a utility quad. They make great trail riders and mudders as long as you are not into blasting down the trails. AC customer service is the best I have ever seen. My 02 500 Cat was recalled when it was 5 months old and had about 700 miles on it. They gave me a brand new quad because they said my upper a-arms were welded wrong. After looking at the welds we could see nothing wrong with them. I took the new quad with another new warranty. How many times have you heard of any company doing this? Don't be afraid of the Cat they are a very good quad as long as you get it knowing it isn't a sport quad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts