Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am considering running AV gas in my LTZ since that's the only thing ethanol free I can get within 50 miles and the local airport is five minutes from me. It is 100 octane low lead that they carry. I hate the lead thing but I'd rather run a little lead then destroy my carb with the ethanol. I am running the DRZ base gasket mod for increased compression so should be right around 12.2:1 compression.

Anyone have experience using AV gas? I appreciate any insights.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
4,744 Posts
There’s a few here that do.

·
Registered
147 Posts
From what I've heard that it doesn't have the same lubrication properties as regular 92. I'm not 100% sure if that's true or not. You could just go to a parts store and get a bottle of Lucas Ethanol stabilizer

·
::3 Pump Chump!::
3,043 Posts
Been running av gas for years never had any issues.

@BobD1001 "I hate the lead thing" Why do you hate the lead thing, what is the lead thing?

You mean having lead for top end lubrication and cooler temps is a hate thing? I will take AV 100LL over Ethanol Free. Heck I run AV gas in my chainsaws, lawn mowers, ATV, boat and more.

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts

@BobD1001 "I hate the lead thing" Why do you hate the lead thing, what is the lead thing?

You mean having lead for top end lubrication and cooler temps is a hate thing? I will take AV 100LL over Ethanol Free. Heck I run AV gas in my chainsaws, lawn mowers, ATV, boat and more.
Way to dig them up! I know a guy that runs av gas in everything, including his push mower.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I love the engine benefits of lead, but as a biomedical engineer I understand what an organic lead compound can do to the human body and just how easily it can be adsorbed transdermally (theres also lead in the exhaust to inhale). Organic lead compounds are straight up nasty if you are any kind of biological organism, which, unless your a T2000, I think covers all of us. That being said, I'm glad to hear it has ran well in your motor.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I've heard that it doesn't have the same lubrication properties as regular 92. I'm not 100% sure if that's true or not. You could just go to a parts store and get a bottle of Lucas Ethanol stabilizer
From the tests I've seen done, most of those fuel stabilizers dont really do all that much. See the Projectfarm fuel stabilizer video for reference.... The several he tested in E10 gas all still turned carburetor parts into goop. The parts submerged in ethanol free gas however came out looking A-okay. Ethanol has such a high affinity for water no magic in a bottle is ever going to fix it. I've used Stabil for years, but its really just a bandaid over an open wound.

·
Premium Member
4,283 Posts
I think AV100LL is very popular, and as long as you aren’t bathing in it the lead exposure should remain very low.

·
::3 Pump Chump!::
3,043 Posts
understand what an organic lead compound can do to the human body and just how easily it can be adsorbed transdermally (theres also lead in the exhaust to inhale).
Sure there is bad that comes with Lead however I dont sit around smelling my exhaust all day. @BobD1001 sine your outside KOP take a run to Millennium Aviation and get some 100LL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts