Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding and my spring fell off my back break were the break peddle would be just wondering what importance this spring is and do i really need it

·
Registered
189 Posts
The spring keeps the peddle in the "up" position so its not putting constant pressure on the master cylinder. And also so you brake light doesn't possibly stay on.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
depends which spring came off.. Usually it's the brake light spring that comes off (mine was missing when i first bought my quad.) If you want your brake light to work when you press down on the brake pedal then you'll need to replace the spring. If you never use just the back brake alone, then I wouldn't worry about it because the front brake will activate the brake light (that's what that clicking noise is when you pull in the front brake)

If the other spring fell off, then your brake will have no tension on it and will put pressure on the master cylinder which isn't good.. Also, you probably won't be able to use it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the only spring that fell off goes to the break peddles its self and now that its gone a have very very little back break

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Haha! Im glad it wasn't really someones back breaking in a crash or something, glad it's just mispelled :D

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts