·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what should I get, a shee or a z-400?

·
Registered
773 Posts
they are both great machines, it depends on where/how/experience with you ride.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It really depends on what type of riding you are doing. I am not a fan of 2-strokes on the trails, but when you hit the straight aways look out.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, I ride like 80% trails, but they are like the kinda trails where it is a trail, but your in like 4th going down em. Also alot it wide open areas with bowls ect. only about 15% is tight trails.

·
Registered
51 Posts
id go for the z400, just becuz of the handling, good power AND they are going to discountinue the banshee after 2003, cuz in 2006 all 2 stroke are band on public lands (thats what ive been reading)

im definetly getting the z400 in a coupke weeks, even tho ive wanted a banshee since i was 12, i even remember the dealer lughing me out of the dealership for wanting a banshee when i was 12, i was pissed :|

·
Registered
773 Posts
id go with the Z also. reverse is very useful in the woods, just another reason not my main reason for choosing but the other replies were good.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Thumpers are just great bikes, and the Z is one of the very best. You can get more top end power out of a shee, but that's about all you can gain as an advantage. It's 13 years old, does not handle nearly as good, no reverse, more finiky, not as good on trails, on and on....

·
Registered
794 Posts
I would try and see if u talk someone into riding both of them so u get a good of what u want. You have to remeber this site is going to be slightly biased towards the Z. If u need 2-smoke thrills get the shee, if u want an easier to use powerband get the Z. If u want unlimited aftermarket parts get the shee, if u plan on racing or doing more tight trails get the Z.

Later

·
Registered
620 Posts
i was going to get a shee, but there might be too much maintainance involved, so i want the Z!!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, Im desided to get a z-400, and do it up really nice. Im talkin a full mx z. Thanks for the help. Look for pics at like the end of july

·
Registered
105 Posts
Oh the memories.... When I was around 12 or 13 my grandma was selling her house and said she would give me some money to get a new quad. So I went to my local dealer and started sitting on all these different quads and I wound up on the banshee cause it felt the most comfortable to me. Then he told me the price and said he wouldn't sell the quad to my father cause he was going to let me ride it. WTF??? Well that plan was scrapped and I wound up getting a warrior and an rm 80.
Ok sorry for that memory back to the subject, I wouldn't get the banshee because its an old quad. I've never ridden a banshee so I can't tell from experience but the suspension seems pretty poor. Like everyone said if your gonna do a lot of trail riding get the Z if not get a banshee for flat out speed.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I would suggest getting a Z...it is best for trails and all types of riding...i like the banshee, but what i hear is that it is not the best at trails.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Its not the best at trails cuz u have a keep it in the meat of the powerband, some people can do it really good but it requires practice.

Later

1 - 13 of 13 Posts