Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy in another forum think his banshee is the greatest quad ever made and he said he tried to race a Z up to 500 feets and he had 20-30 quad lenght. That guy claim he have 40 WHP with just a toomey pipe.

Tomorrow, I came with some of my friends doing trail, and two of us have banshee. We tried a race, and I was the first until I goes to 5 gear. But they pass me just by 2-3 quad lenght. One of those friend have FMF pipes and K&N filter. And It's my second day on a quad. My friends are 2 years experiments

And My weight is 195 pounds
Banshee 1: 125 Pounds
Banshee 2: 130 Pounds

If my weight would be similar to them, and when I will be most experiment, I'm sure I would smoke theses banshees.

But my question is: 40 WHP it is realistic for a banshit with just tommey pipes???

·
Registered
970 Posts
20-30 lengths? Well which is it? No way I say. A shee doesn't have any bottom end, but does have high 30's in HP. A Z will be probably do better than losing by 150-200 feet in a 500' race!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
20-30 lengths?  Well which is it?  No way I say.  A shee doesn't have any bottom end, but does have high 30's in HP.  A Z will be probably do better than losing by 150-200 feet in a 500' race!!!!! :roll:  :roll:  :roll:[/b]
True the Banshee to be correct has 33 rwhp but you must remember its takes alot of land to use all of that rwhp when compared to a 4-stroke which usually have more bottem-end.Cause my Warrior can keep up with my friends shee for 1st and 2nd gear and then its not even funny cause then he leaves me by 7-8 quad lenghts.Im not kiddin either cause now I dont even race him anymore cause its just a waist of my time for me to lose when I can outrun him in the trails.But I never now cause hes getting better on his shee :D :D :D

·
Registered
794 Posts
Last months ATV Sport w/ the Z on the cover had a banshee pipe shootout. The stock banshee had 41.2hp, they didn't have Tommeys but i think they would be about 44-46 hp. But there is still no way that a shee w/ toomeys can beat a Z by 20-30lengths, the Z riders must not have much skill.

Later

·
Registered
399 Posts
stock Z= 43.5 hp and will walk away from a banshee..........if the Z had a pipe with jet kit and all the goodies.....it would prolly take the banshee 20-30 atv lengths

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Facts depending on the dyno-
I have seen as low as 28 and as high as 33 for the Z
I have seen asa low as 31 and as high as 36 for the Shee
Pretty close in performance.

Add a pipe(2 of them) and say bye bye to the Z...you can gain over 10 horses from a full exhaust.

Dirt wheels got 60 rwhp from a shee in the august issue without any boring or stroking. They put on pipes,pistons,porting,v-force reeds, k&n filters, removed airbox, and racing fuel.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
The Facts depending on the dyno-
I have seen as low as 28 and as high as 33 for the Z
I have seen asa low as 31 and as high as 36 for the Shee
Pretty close in performance.  

Add a pipe(2 of them) and say bye bye to the Z...you can gain over 10 horses from a full exhaust.

Dirt wheels got 60 rwhp from a shee in the august issue without any boring or stroking. They put on pipes,pistons,porting,v-force reeds, k&n filters, removed airbox, and racing fuel.[/b]
And great engine porting was also the reason they got so much rwhp

·
Registered
715 Posts
YA, BANSEES ARE AT 36HP STOCK. ADD TOOMYS OR FMF AND YOU CAN GET 10 MORE HP EASY. (THE STOCK PIPES SUCK)
20-30 QUAD LENGTHS/ HE' TELLIN SOME TALL TAILS

·
Registered
540 Posts
well... 20-30 lenghts is b.s i have a shee and a z400.. and a 250r for that matter. my banshee is a 370lr, with blaster sleeves custom modified blaster pistons.. blah blah blah.. lotsa goodies.. the engine builder Mac Racing http://www.macracinginc.com has built several 70+hp 350's so i figure i have to be somewhere in the 70's. i ran a piped, jetted raptor, and a tc425 ex at the local 1/8th mile drag strip. the 425ex ran out of gear and ran in the mid 10's.. and the raptor bested a 9.4, my best run to date is a [email protected] you can visualize doing 80mph how long almost 2 seconds is.. i dont think thats 20 bike lenghts. and a stock shee with toomeys. is not going to beat a z400 by 20 bike legnths.. 10 at the most i would say.

A

·
0 Posts
Was it on pavement? I'd believe it if it were on pavement and it was a 500 foot race. Never race a Shee on pavement! Sean wasted me on pavement by like 10 lengths in a 300 foot race....and he was pulling hard...give him 500 feet....he might have had 20-25 lengths....really.

I also killed that same Banshee at the Pits. So it depands on the conditions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I raced a shee last saturday on pavement, my z is stock the shee had fmf pipes .After a buddy droped the flag we took off like rockets, i took him off the line and stayed ahead all the way till i hit 5TH, then passed by me fairly fast, would say 5-7 mile an hour, we went another 50 yards , by then he was 50 ft ahead

1 - 11 of 11 Posts