Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAS ANYONE BENT THEIR AXLE YET AND IF SO DID THE WARRENTY COVER IT :?: I JUST NOW HIT ABOUT 10 HOURS AND DON'T THINK THAT I'VE DONE ANYTHING ABNORMAL TO BEND AN AXLE :( I HAD A BANSHEE FOR 5 YEARS WITHOUT BENDING THE AXLE, WHAT THE F*#@ ! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ENCOUNTERED IF ANYTHING AT ALL... THANKS
:?: [/b]

·
Registered
571 Posts
Keep reading the threads. Its an established fact that the stock Z axles are weak. Depending on when you bought yours (after the date the newer axles entered the production line for your quad) more than likely your dealer will inspect and contact Suzukasaki and get you a new one. It's admitted as well by the mfr.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:DTHX FOR THE INFO !!! I TAKE IT IN THIS WEEK SO IWILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES...
ZRTWOOO

·
Registered
52 Posts
Keep reading the threads. Its an established fact that the stock Z axles are weak. Depending on when you bought yours (after the date the newer axles entered the production line for your quad) more than likely your dealer will inspect and contact Suzukasaki and get you a new one. It's admitted as well by the mfr.[/b]
Is there a serial number cutoff date or manufacturing date that you know of?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Kawasaki wont cover it my machine only had 5 hours on it. I figured they would but nope. call the kawa consume line and w00ter I did . If enough people complain they may officially recall it

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got the # ????

can you give out the ph. number? i figure it's only a matter of time before a lot of people will need the kawa complaint # :x

·
Registered
27 Posts
949-460-5688 for the kawasaki consumer line. have your VIN ready. I had the dealer call and they claimed it was not a defect in craftsmanship of the axle and could not find a reason for mis use. did suzuki officially recall it ? whats the deal.

define what is something that is misused ?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Funny, I told my dealership I jumped my Z and everything. He didn't care. I got it replaced twice, then I said enough is enough and bought a lonestar axle. I do have a stocker sitting in the corner of my garage, its supposed to be the harder material one too. I don't think I'll sell it yet, maybe next year when I'm totally trusting my lonestar axle.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I bent mine the first hour I was riding it. I also had one of the first ones in NC. I heard the first Suzukis had the bad axle and it is covered. I think the Kawis were all made with the stronger one to start so they might not cover it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bent Axles

I bent mine and told Suzuki that I poped the front end up over a wash out and hit hard but did not crash. It took 5 weeks to get a replacement in and on the bike but that was it.This was in October on my 2nd trip.
: :cry:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts