Suzuki Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Slight mishap at Jericho mountain in New Hampshire couple weeks back. I rolled my Ltz 400. Not too bad. But I think maybe enough to have bent the steering stem. It takes a bit more effort to turn the handlebars now. Anyone have any input on how to fix, or make sure that’s the issue? I did disconnect the tie rod s Deion both front wheels and it’s still difficult to turn the handlebars. Thanks guys.

·
Super Moderator
4,609 Posts
Make sure the bearings are cleaned out, it could just be dirt stuck in them. If it’s still stiff, replace the steering stem and bearings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Make sure the bearings are cleaned out, it could just be dirt stuck in them. If it’s still stiff, replace the steering stem and bearings.
thank you. That sounds like it could be it because it doesn’t get any harder the farther you turn. Steering stem has to come off to get to the bushings right? I’ll go check it out tonight.
thanks again

·
Super Moderator
4,609 Posts
Yep. Could have bent a spindle or tie rod as well. Just disconnect the bottom of the stem and see if it gets easier to turn the bars. That will tell you if it’s in the stem or not. I assume you don’t have a steering dampener.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts