Suzuki Central Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where we can get the best deals on rear skids?

The plastic ones just don't cut it. :(

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
yea, mine broke a little while ago and I haven't gotten a new one yet, hey Z400, what kind is yours, can you show us some pics of it, cause I remember really liking it

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
JPMX (270) 622-5644...STAINLESS $50 FULL SKIDS $69. James Perry has some great deals. His ads are in ATV SPORT, DEC. page 88.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Skids

I don't what the best price is, but you need to check out PRMs skidplate it covers most of the swingarm, has plastic riveted on where the chain hits and most important it covers the shock linkage also. It is all one piece and built very heavy. Sorry no pictures of mine, no camera.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I think the PRM one is the one I like, plus it covers the rear shock

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Yo DT, why spend the extra dough on Pro Armor's new design when you can get the same thing more or less from PRM? My girl has the PRM on hers and it has held up great. The only issue I see happening with the prm is that it doesn't look like it gives you much room for a bigger sprocket on the rear, that is unless you get rid of that material rivited to the skid which is totally do-able. Myself, I see myself heading a state south to see my dad. I am going to make a custom one with him when I can get down there. I'm tired as he!! of beating the crap outta that piece of crap pro armor (first edition) skid I have.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
AC's aren't too bad for the price. Watch out for big rocks, though. I bent the rotor side of mine a good 1/2" the first time out. I wasn't going fast, either. :(

·
Registered
206 Posts
I destroyed my AC the second time out w it, my friend destroyed his too, they re junk. I just ordered a set of PRM frame and swingarm skids for the KFX... MUCH BETTER QUALITY.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jamey told me he already ordered the ac skids...well al ordered them for the Z's.   so..i think he is gunna have the ac's.[/b]
Yeah....I ordered them.....AL paid....they came today...i was not home...UPS just tagged the door. Will be here tomorrow.

I hope they hold up after reading the posts. :?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They went on fine....no surprises. We'll let ya know if they are crap or not next year some time. Either way...they are 1000 times better than the JUNK stock ones.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
JPMX (270) 622-5644...STAINLESS $50 FULL SKIDS $69. James Perry has some great deals. His ads are in ATV SPORT, DEC. page 88.[/b]
8) Yesterday I went to JPMX and picked up my stainless swingarm skid. It fits great and I gained a inch more ground clearence. It does not cover the shock linkage. Stainless would be HEAVY if it were that long. $50 not bad :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JPMX (270) 622-5644...STAINLESS $50 FULL SKIDS $69. James Perry has some great deals. His ads are in ATV SPORT, DEC. page 88.[/b]
8) Yesterday I went to JPMX and picked up my stainless swingarm skid. It fits great and I gained a inch more ground clearence. It does not cover the shock linkage. Stainless would be HEAVY if it were that long. $50 not bad :)[/b][/quote]

NOT BAD AT ALL....now ya tell me....lol....I know...it was mentioned before...but we had them ordered...and now they are on...we'll try 'em out.

I'll get some pics up.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I ordered my PRM swing arm skid last Friday. I recieved it this Friday the cost was $97 with shipping. I have been looking at different ones and thought that the prm looked the best built. I still have the ground clearence because it has a tunnel. It also covers the shock linkage but does not bolt to it. I am very happy with this product, and will be ordering the belly skid as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you're into XC racing or trail riding I would look into the PRM skids. They are the toughest on the market. AC, DG, Graydon Proline, etc. simply do not hold up as well.

Kenny

1 - 19 of 19 Posts